What's new

The Star Trek Enterprise appreciation and Season 4 discussion thread (this one's for the fans). (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I was hoping to check this out, but when I turn to UPN, strangely it's ESPN2. :confused:

Anyway, zap2it in my area is saying it'll be on tomorrow night.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I appreciate Enterprise, but this premiere was dull as dishwater. It appears they wrote themselves into a corner with the season finale last season, and needed an entire hour of exposition just to begin to make sense of it.

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I didnt like tonight premiere either.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

But the preview for next week! The Enterprise fying around NYC, WOW!

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Yeah, that was s-l-o-w. Lots of filler. I suspect they could have easily put both parts together without too much difficulty.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
As already mentioned, they needed to get this episode and next week's out of the way to wrap up the loose thread of the B&B era so we can start with the new Manny Coto stuff. I thought it was kinda fun.

I liked the performance of Jolene Blalock when she first sees Archer on the bridge. A hint at something, or she's just happy to see the Captain alive and well.

As we see the events unfolding here, it looks like we will at last see the TCW resolved. Perhaps Silik is on our side and is trying to take out the lead Alien guy trying to build the Conduit device. Why would he want to take Trip with him and end up saving him? Or Daniels is the only one on our side.

Yes, it will be interesting to see the Enterprise flying down into NYC next week.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
It was ok...rehash of one of the movies, where the borg go back in time...

But as someone said, hopefully things will pick up the 22nd, and hey it was in HD although at the transition from a still scene to an action scene I got a fair amount of pixelation, not just in spots but the entire screen at one time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ya know, I see "Zero Hour" and both parts of "Storm Front" as wrapping up a three season story with the Temporal Cold War, Future Guy, Silik and Daniels. I think TPTB got bored/didn't know where to go with it, so now they're trying to make it all make sense and move on. It's sad because this could have been a series-long arc that bookended the show.

That being said, "Storm Front" was dreadfully dull for a season premiere. There were some things I did like (T'Pol's look when Archer came to the bridge, Hoshi hugging him in the same scene) but everything could have been accelerated with minimal loss. We still don't have proper names for most of the TCW alien races or an idea of who's side anyone is on.

I'm hoping next week's show wraps this up-quickly and efficiently-so we can move on to the advertised Brent Spiner arc.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Frank, I'm always here — I just can't post here about the show, per the ground rules of the thread! :)

So the new season has started? Beyond the above posts, how do the fans here feel so far? Are you guys hopeful?

JamesED

Second Unit

The broadcast screwed up for a few seconds like that for me, but it was just temporary.

I don't think it was a bad premiere, it was slow because its got to set up the whole season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Jack, the things that are coming out from Manny Coto all sound great for this year. So I am optimistic that things are changing for the better. But we'll have to wait and see after we get past Storm Front part 2 and get into the new stuff that Coto has planned.

It feels like they are essentially erasing the first 3 years of Enterprise by wrapping up the TCW, Silik and Daniels and then getting on with the timeline.

Which made me wonder, as Daniel's was dying and telling Archer to get that guy, he said the timeline will return to normal. Of course that means that WW2 turns out the way it did and the Enterprise and crew is back in it's right timeframe. But as has been discussed, the events of the film First Contact changed everything with the existance of the Borg on Earth in Archer's time. I would hope that it will erase that too so that we can go back to Star Trek TOS timeline.

Coto has a strong understanding of TOS and he is respecting it. He was recently asked if any TOS aliens will appear, like the Gorn. He said if you saw Arena, then you know that Kirk meets them first. So I have a good feeling for the new year. He had quite a few interesting comments to fans on an online chat at Startrek.com

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
In retrospect, season 3 wasn't that bad. Compared to the other series, it was still below par, but it was still miles ahead of, say, TNG season 2.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i do like how they killed daniels off, to me that is manny coto saying, B&B are gone, and here i am. Im reserving the rest of my judgement in 2 weeks, when the brent spiner 3 parter starts and then the 4 parter vulcan line. to me those will be the new season 4. it does suck the first 2 episodes have to be 'cleaning house' to get the clutter out of the way.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I liked the season opener, for what it was.

Yeah, there was definately a degree of foot-dragging here, but I think that some exposition is needed for these aliens so they're not all cookie-cutter.

And miracle of miracles - MAYWEATHER IS DOING SOMETHING! Could this be a sign of thing to come? :)

I'm really looking forward to next week and the resolution of this arc. Bring on the Coto arcs, and let's see what this series can REALLY do!

BTW, something interesting I noticed while watching one of the TNG Season 1 episodes (the one in which Riker is given the powers of a Q), at the beginning of the episode Picard states in his log that they are entering the Xindi-Bosh system. I don't know if this has been stated before, but it kind of makes me feel like there's a degree on continuity between Enterprise Season 3 & the rest of trek.

Moe.

Britton

Screenwriter

Hmm, that's a very interesting point. If it wasn't intentional though, you can bet that B&B will be sure to say it was. I'd like to believe that there has been a an effort to have some continuity. I'm a bit miffed at myself for missing yesterday's episode, so I'll try and make the extra effort to remember next week.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Thumbs down from me. Absolutely no sparkle to the dialogue. Only one moment of genuine emotion (thanks, Hoshi). It was an exercise in going from scene to scene as lifelessly as possible. Okay, it was fun to see Big Pussy and Christopher Neame, but talk about how to underuse guest stars.

Plot holes - too many. Sigh. Anyone else a little surprised that the Nazis chose to attack America from the east?! Why didn't they take the shuttle back with them instead of blowing it up (or did I fall asleep while they were explaining that one)? I did laugh when T'Pol gave a lame excuse as to why they couldn't beam the two of them back - how many people does it take to set charges anyway? And why did they have to wait to see it explode?). Et cetera.

Yikes, this is an appreciation thread. :D

Okay, let me say that I'm really looking forward to the episodes after the TCW is over. (yet Manny Coto wrote this one, which does not bode well)

It was really nice to see Daniels die at last (although he'll probably be back with the reset button). And more screen time for Porthos please!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The premiere got pre-empted by baseball Friday on UPN9 in NYC so they ran it last night at 8. It's also on again at 7 PM tonight (Sunday).

JamesED

Second Unit
Trip said he was going to need a few mins to see how much damage and how long it would take to fix the shuttle. A few mins they come back to him, and he mentions it will take awhile (I think he said hours). So the smart thing to do would be to destroy it since they don't have the time.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Although it's been started in this thread, I'm going to start an official season 4 discussion thread to keep everything together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks