What's new

The Star Trek Enterprise appreciation and Season 4 discussion thread (this one's for the fans). (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Good news. Finally. If anyone can breath life into the series, they can. They know their Trek and they have written some good books....following continuity. Now if they are allowed to do their jobs and not be under constraints than we may get some better writing.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure how tickled I am about Shatner appearing on Enterprise...

The fanboy in me is excited about it, but something just doesn't sit well... Shatner's a little old (no kidding!) to portray Kirk as he was was in TOS, and after his last appearance... well...

Kirk's character is dead, so it would be interesting to see how they bring him into the mix... as a ghost? A time-anomaly? A remnant from that vortex (forget the name) that sucked him in in Generations?

I suppose I'll reserve judgement until I know in what capacity they intend to use Shatner... I'm just hoping that his appearance makes sense, and doesn't just devolve into a gratuitous guest-appearance. :)

Moe.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I saw, if they have to bring Kirk on, have Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens write it. I think they have enough experience to pull it off. I think everyone would be happy if they Undid what they did in Generations.
I dont particularly want to see him playing Kirk's relative. That's just lame.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I remember reading a recent interview (not sure where though) in which Rick Berman said Shatner would play Kirk and noone else, hopefully that's the case.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
So, as Moe alludes, would Kirk come to the NX-01 family by way of the Nexus? That is, would we be seeing Kirk's "echo" (given that Guinan's "echo" resides there)?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

That would be a ratings bonanaza if they did that but please keep Braggas hands off it. Isn't he one of the ones responsible for killing him in the first place?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, Ronald D. Moore takes the responsibilty for killing Kirk, his childhood hero. He was writing Generations with Braga so technically, he had a hand in it too.

One thing I thought of, if Kirk does come out of the Nexus, he could end up being like a Daniels character in terms of his function in the show. He could be there to inspire Archer, or tell him about the future and the Federation and the importance of his mission that leads to Kirk's time. Not sure that would be that fun to watch.

While Kirk's echo or whatever is the conventional thinking for how he can come back from the Nexus, I'm hoping there's a better solution to the problem of how they introduce William Shatner as James T. Kirk on Enterprise. How Ron Moore brought Scotty into TNG worked, but for Kirk, he has to travel back in time. Maybe The Guardian of Forever, assuming he is alive and well and is the Kirk before Generations.

I'm sure the new writing team will find a more innovative way to have him show up and I hope it's good. Judith and Garfield have done it already in print. Ultimately, how Kirk gets there is not as important as how good and exciting his function will be to the episodes and how well he is used. If it's a well told story, some could forgive the method he's introduced.

JamesED

Second Unit
Forget the revamp or a new theme song, go back to the original. It's so cheesy in it's attempt to inspire people, that it gives me a laugh and a smile every time I hear versions of it in public.

On a serious note, I liked Season 3 and eagerly await for S4.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Rob, is that speculation or inside info?

I'm kinda disappointed that they are moving away from the longer story arcs. I like a story that takes a little while to unfold.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Future guy would be dissapointing. Bring Back Kirk and then send him back to the Future. Have Spock waiting there for him.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Rob,

I sincerely hope not!

Besides, Future Guy is too damned skinny to be Kirk! Remember, older Kirk's got a tummy! Future Guy kinda looks like he hit's the gym every once in a while... ;)

Moe.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Moe,
Check the other Trek threads in this forum. If the future guy ends up being James "Nexus" Kirk, Wesley "Traveller" Crusher, Benjamin "Prophet" Sisko, Kes (whatever the hell she is), any version of "Q", the Decker/Ilia hybrid, Trelane, or the Friendly Angel from TOS, I claim dibs for "breaking" the story first. :)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Rob,

No fair, calling all the obvious choices! :)

The futureguy revelation (if it happens) better be someone from trek lore that we know! If it's not and just ends up being some anonymous Future-Military-General-HAHAHA-Guy, then the whole plot-denoument will fall flat, and I'll be very disappointed.

Of course, they're going to have to pick someone expendable from trek-lore, because Future-Guy is gonna be a villain, so anyone they pick is gonna be the bad guy. Having said that, I'm hoping that Sisko isn't the guy they pick. :)

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks