What's new

The Office season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I enjoyed this episode, in part because I was happy to see Will Ferrell not playing Will Ferrell, but actually someone who isn't a bumbling idiot.

Although Ferrell did channel his inner "Ron Burgundy" on occasion -- especially near the beginning. But I liked the way they wrote the character. He came off as an idiot at first to humor Michael, and then as the episode progressed, his true colors came through. In the end, this is the Will Ferrell I miss.

Many years ago, I used to claim that he was the funniest dude on the planet, but that changed quickly. I still like him, but not like I did. Restrained Ferrell is obviously when the man is at his best.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thought Ferrell did a great job in this role. Looking forward to the rest of his episodes this season.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Holy Shit, Ferrel is NOT a fit for The Office. Every time His character was on screen it took me right out of the episode.

They need to get him the Fuck off of this series fast.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see enough of Will Ferrell's character to like or dislike him yet. I guess there's only so much you can do in 21 minutes. Either way, the character is gone in 3 or 4 weeks so it's not too much of an issue.

The funniest bit of the episode was Ryan being impressed by Deangelo getting a shave from a barber. That fit so perfectly with a douchebag like Ryan.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
OK, mu DVR cut off the end of the episode, when Will Farrell was talking to the camera about Jim and Pam's kid. All I got was "I gotta tell ya, that kid..." anyone have the rest of the ending?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper

OK, mu DVR cut off the end of the episode, when Will Farrell was talking to the camera about Jim and Pam's kid. All I got was "I gotta tell ya, that kid..." anyone have the rest of the ending?

I'm telling you, that baby could be the star of a show called "Babies I Don't Care About."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Have to agree with Josh's comments....

This was the first time I have seen Will Ferrell

not as his cliche'd self. He was almost recognizable

in this restrained role.

That being said, I didn't like him. Glad to hear

his character won't be replacing Michael Scott.
There was just nothing enjoyable about watching

him in this show.

Kind of weird. If Ferell had acted like every movie

he is in, I would have hated him. Now, more restrained,

I hate him less but still don't think he's a good

replacement.

Spader seems to be a decent choice above all

those mentioned. I think his biting sarcasm will

be quite hilarious for this show. Still, it's hard to

think anyone can step into the Michael Scott role.

Steve Carrell is an impossible act to follow.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I share Josh's sentiment on Will Ferrell...used to love him...but got tired of his act.

That said, I liked him on The Office. Quite honestly, I didn't think he was all that different from Michael Scott's character. I thought he was kind of Ron Burgundy with a little Michael Scott mixed in. I didn't think he was any less likable than Michael (they're both very unlikable in my eyes).

The genius in Ferrell is how he delivered the line in the opening scene, when Michael said something like, "Don't tell my fiance." And Ferrell responded, "I won't. I don't know her." I don't know of any other actor who could have made that line that funny to me.

Oh, and for the record, if it were #3, I would never watch the show again.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

Oh, and for the record, if it were #3, I would never watch the show again.

Same here. Gervais would be the dream replacement to bring it all full-circle, but I have no hopes of David Brent appearing again in anything more than a cameo role.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/21/jim-carrey-to-guest-star-the-offic/

Quote:

Here’s some sssssmokin’ casting news: Jim Carrey will pop up in the season finale of The Office, EW has learned.

Carrey will guest star as someone who interviews for the management post that is being vacated by Michael Scott (the departing Steve Carell) — and seemingly handed over to Deangelo Vickers (Will Ferrell).

Carrey won’t be the only celebrity vying for the job; Ricky Gervais, Will Arnett, James Spader, Ray Romano, and Catherine Tate also play potential replacements in the hourlong episode, which airs May 19. An NBC spokesperson would not comment.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This sounds like a very exciting episode an

I suppose we will be kept on pins and needles

to find out who gets to replace Michael Scott.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Simply terrific episode this past week which elevates

Will Ferrel to "likeable" status.

The Dundees never disappoint.

Loved the parody of "The King's Speech" which
eventually causes Ferrel to yell about his vomiting

over the restaurant's PA system. Simply hilarious.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
I am really liking how they are playing Will Ferrell. He is the the boss who doesnt like to do anything or be involved with anyone. His disstate for Jim and Pam is also funny.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Pug

His disstate for Jim and Pam is also funny.

I don't understand that. He's a nice guy with most everyone (he goes along with Michael's Dundee nomination weirdness and presents the award despite it making him get physically ill) but he's suddenly a son of a bitch when it comes to Jim and Pam? I get that he doesn't like them using their dopey kid to get in good with the boss but why is he hostile on that topic and still ridiculously accomodating with Michael?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Was there any indication of his distaste for Jim & Pam other than the "kid I don't care about" comment? I don't remember anything else, but I also pretty much forget most of what happens in this show about 5 minutes after it ends.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
After this week's episode, it seems like Will Ferrell's character has some real problems so I guess his different actions do make sense.

As for this week's episode, I thought Michael's departure was handled just right. They only made the last 5 or so minutes sad rather than forgetting that the show was a comedy and making a 50 minute sad episode. Steve Carell was great through out the episode and John Krasinsky and Jenna Fischer were both really good in their last scenes with Carell too. I'm glad that Michael Scott got a send off that was funny, sweet and sad.

However, the best line of the episode was Phyllis saying "I thought he knew about the baby that I gave away."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks