What's new

The Office season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Completely agree that it was a wonderfully done episode--especially the Michael/Holly plotline. It is so difficult to have such a moving moment in a program coupled with such a equally funny situation.

I also appreciated the conference room gathering of Pam, Jim, Oscar & Ryan to help Michael with the proposal. Both funny and sweet at the same time.

=============================

Oscar (advising Michael on possible proposal techniques):

"...and then drop down to one knee. If you find that you are in costume, you've done something wrong."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Unlike seemingly everyone else, I love Will Ferrell. So this will take a lot of the sting over losing Carrell.

BTW, the last episode included one of my biggest pet peeves in movies and TV. It appears that no one in Hollywood knows how fire sprinklers operate. Here's a hint -- they don't go off because of smoke or candles. The mechanism that trips the sprinkler head is actually a piece of metal that melts at a specific temp (more than enough to burn your face off), so a room full of candles wouldn't even come close. They aren't tied into smoke detectors. This also ensures that only the sprinklers nearest the fire go off in order to keep up the water pressure in those sprinkler heads. If all the sprinklers in a room went off at the same time, there wouldn't be enough water pressure in the area where the actual fire is. And just to be clear, the sprinklers are there to save property, not lives per se -- they don't go off simply because the conditions in a room are dangerous for people.

So the cute moment at the end was ruined for me. And I saw it coming a second or two after seeing the room full of candles -- my wife (who has heard my sprinkler complaint a million times already) had to calm me down before I went on a full bore rant.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by joshEH

They're shooting multiple endings for the hour-long season finale (which will also bring back Ricky Gervais) to accommodate a potential Ferrell-filled Season 8.

If they could somehow find a way to keep both Ferrell and Gervais in the mix for season 8 it would breathe some much needed life back into this show. Unfortunately, though, I doubt Gervais would agree to appear on a regular basis.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe that Will Ferrell is going to pass up multiple $15 or $20 million checks for movies so he can spend 9 months of the next year on a TV show that's very close to the end of its run. Maybe he's going to be on more than originally planned or maybe doesn't care about money (I'm sure he's already got more dough than his grandchildren could spend) and just loves the show but I find it hard to believe that he'll be the new lead.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that the film roles are starting to dry up after some recent flubs at the box office.

Personally, I'm hoping he doesn't stick around. I'll never be able to see him as anything other than Will Ferrell, and that's going to take me out of the show.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Come on no one liked him in Elf even? Granted he won't be playing that character in the Office - hopefully, lol

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not into Will Ferrell's movies but I like him when he's a guest star (he was funny on Undeclared and he was frigging hilarious in Eastbound & Down and 30 Rock) so I still hold hope for him being good in his guest spot on The Office.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I absolutely loved Ferrell on SNL but the only movie of his I really liked was Anchorman. I'm willing to keep an open mind with him on The Office.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just wanted to quickly pop in here and also

say that I was really moved by the final scene

with Michael and Holly.

As someone just stated, it's really great to see

Michael finally get his due.

Not particularly happy that Will Ferrell will be

stepping into the role. I think Ferrell is a "One

Trick Pony" comic. However, I too will keep an

open mind.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I find it hard to believe that Ferrell will be a regular on the show. I'd be happy to be wrong about that. I think Ferrell's a great talent. His movie The Other Guys from last summer was the funniest movie of the year, I think, and was a different part for him than the overgrown adolescents he's played in the past. Also enjoyed him in Megamind last year.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I still prefer the idea of Will Arnett joining the cast instead of Will Ferrell. I imagine him channeling Gob from Arrested Development and that sort of (asshole/douche) personality would be just the sort of change that would be refreshing and that could totally work in The Office.

A completely unlikeable boss would provide a means to unite the rest of the cast and shift the focus of the series to them.

I'd rather see the show's creators delve into uncharted waters than to try and recapture magic in a bottle. If it's too obvious they're trying to "replace" Carell, I fear they will only fail miserably.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Jason Charlton

I still prefer the idea of Will Arnett joining the cast instead of Will Ferrell. I imagine him channeling Gob from Arrested Development and that sort of (asshole/douche) personality would be just the sort of change that would be refreshing and that could totally work in The Office.

You might want to watch The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret then, because that's pretty much Arnett's character for most of the show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TV Line reports on the final list of contenders to replace Michael Scott, all of whom will feature in the season finale:

1. Will Arnett
  2. Ricky Gervais
  3. Ray Romano
  4. James Spader
  5. Catherine Tate

Romano is unlikely to leave Men of a Certain Age, Arnett's availability is contingent on his own NBC pilot not getting picked up, and Gervais is unlikely to subject himself to the long hours of American television, especially television he's not writing. That leaves Spader and Tate as the front runners.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt reports on the final list of contenders to replace Michael Scott, all of whom will feature in the season finale:

Woah, #4 there took me by surprise. I would be so reinvigorated about this show if that came to pass.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
#5 is a very funny British comedian. Google or YouTube her (she had a show named ofter her) for a taste. She'd be terrific (though I would love #4 as well).

Originally Posted by TravisR

I've got no idea who #5 is so I prefer her just for the sake of having an unknown actor to maintain something of a reality to the show.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
#5 is the only one I'm interested in. IMO, it's the most likely to bring a different dynamic to the show, which I think it could use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks