What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The HTF Eating Accomplishments Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Old fraternity days - I started "Case O' Beer Night." Attempting to drink an entire case of beer by yourself really separates the boys from the men. I completed it two years in a row, with only a few others completing it with me. It ususally started around 7:00 or so, and ran until you were passed out or finished the case. One year I kept going to 27, and couldn't even move. I'm sure a full-blown alcoholic could do this on thier lunch hour, but it's a pretty good feat for someone like myself. 6'1" 190lbs.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Shane Bos

Second Unit
I drank an entire case the first night I ever really drank. I believe it was a 16th birthday party.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I wonder if dogs smell each other's odor and wish they could smell as "good" as they do.

Dogs do love rolling around in dead stuff.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
In college my dormmate and I used to go to Wendy's for a pigout: we each had 2 triples with cheese, 2 biggie fries and a bowl of chili, topped off with a frosty. That's a lotta beef. My metabolism must have been a heckuva lot higher then; eating half that would make me gain 10 pounds now, but we polished it off like no big deal.

This same guy and I went once to a Pizza Hut 'all you can eat buffet' night. They stopped offering that at that restaurant after that night. Surely, a coincidence!:D

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Shane, they must do things a little different in Alabama... The first time I drank was 14 years old, I had six beers and was seeing double.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I'm 53 and still polish off an entire large pizza on occasion.

I don't eat fast food, preferring to make my own cheeseburgers. I start with 1.5 lbs 15% ground beef, form into 3 patties, top with 1/2 inch thick slice of velveeta. Serve on 3 toasted buns with onion, tomato, and lotsa mayo, with 1/2 bag Ore-Ida Steak Fries deep fried in Canola oil.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I remember being very proud when I first broke the double-digit barrier with beef tacos last year. Many times I have eaten 7-8 tacos but one time I was particularly hungry and had 10. Sadly, those days may be behind me, since I have to watch my salt intake.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can tell you that my eating habits sure have changed since this thread was started (I turned 50 this year)!

But I don't think anyone wants to hear about how much salad and fat-free dressing I've eaten over the last year-and-a-half!

[SIZE= smaller]BTW, good job digging this one up, ChristopherG![/SIZE]

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
This thread rules!

Im 35 now, 5'10 245lbs. (Yeah I got a tummy)

Ive destroyed a few large pizzas in my time. But I remember taking out a Mcds 20 pice nugget, large fries, large coke w a hot fudge sundae back in the day.

Small fry to some of you here but I was proud.

I need to see if I can still do it sometime.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Jimi C Mom's cooking memories.

But really, my favorite lunch in my late teens was a bag of Chips-Ahoy and a quart of milk.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is off-topic...but Dennis Nicholls clued me in to this website quite awhile ago. It is constantly being updated with new "finds" by contributors. When you get to the bottom of a page click "next" to see even more various gastronomic monstrosities. You will be constantly amazed. And each picture is linked to a larger image in case you can't quite believe what you are seeing.

This Is Why You're Fat.com

One recent example...

http://22.media.tumblr.com/i2dw5nf19jvchns5vYnyDu19o1_r1_500.jpg

RyanAn

Screenwriter
When I used to eat McDonalds, I'd routinely eat at least:
1 20 Piece Chicken McNugget
Large Soda and refills
1-2 Large orders of fries
When I used to eat Taco Bell, I have eaten the #10 by myself give or take a taco. If I'm not mistaken, a #10 consisted of 10 tacos, a drink, Mexican Pizza or Nacho Bel Grande. Num Num Num.
Eating an entire pizza by myself would not be a hard thing.
A local place called Mancino's has Grinders, which is just like a pizza sub or something and they're 16 inches. Normally we'd get two and I'd eat an entire one by myself with at least a quarter to half of the other one along with pizza and breadsticks.
I ate 7 hotdogs at the ballpark once. I regret the jalepenos.
I've eaten whole boxes of cereal and refinlled the milk on more then one occassion.
I drink a lot of water along with working out but when I was going a bit overboard, I once drank 14 16.9 ounce water bottles from 7amish to before 9amish. That's 236.6 ounces aproximately and let me tell you, it hurts coming out. That's like 4 two litres, right?
When my local Famous Dave's used to have they're all you can eat Rib Wednesday's, I ate the starter, like half a slab of ribs and had 5 or 6 extra orders.
Sometimes we put a bag of chips on a tray and pour shredded cheese on it then bake it - then eat it. That's gotta be an accomplishment.
Oh, and four the last four years I have defeated KOBYASHI!!!!!

:)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Geez I can't even think of anything in your guys' class.

It takes me forever to get though a pizza kit.

25 lb bag of bread flour
2 lb bag of yeast
12 lb bag of pepperoni
5 lb chunk mozzarella
Several giant bottle of Prego

Mushrooms, onions, and olives to taste.
There is the satisfaction of eating a 25 lb bag of bread flour and having to buy another next time I'm at Sam's Club.

For the more mature glutton....

There's a German restaurant in San Jose called Teske's. http://www.teskes-germania.com/ They serve roast schweinehaxe, which is a whole lower leg of pork. It's roasted until the fat is crackling. It's then dumped onto a very large plate with red kraut and dumplings. As a hint, you don't go away hungry.

Their standard beer mug is a full liter.

Edited by Dennis Nicholls - 7/28/2009 at 04:46 am GMT

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
How come none of the European members of HTF have spoken up?

It should be noted that the definition of a "case" of beer varies throughout the English-speaking world.

In the US, 24 cans is a case. In Canada and Australia, 12 cans is a case. Obviously Canuks and Australians are wussies.

In Australia, 24 cans of beer is called a "slab" of beer. I haven't heard that there is a Canadian expression for 24 cans of beer.

Edited by Dennis Nicholls - 7/28/2009 at 04:47 am GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks