What's new

The HTF Eating Accomplishments Thread (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dennis Nicholls

How come none of the European members of HTF have spoken up?

It should be noted that the definition of a "case" of beer varies throughout the English-speaking world.

In the US, 24 cans is a case. In Canada and Australia, 12 cans is a case. Obviously Canuks and Australians are wussies.

In Australia, 24 cans of beer is called a "slab" of beer. I haven't heard that there is a Canadian expression for 24 cans of beer.

Edited by Dennis Nicholls - 7/28/2009 at 04:47 am GMT
In Canada, or at least Western Canada, 24 cans is referred to as a 'Two-Four' as in "I'm going to pick up a couple of 'Two-Fours' at the liquor store.

Edit: That website has some of the most disgusting culinary atrocities I have ever seen. Some of those disgusting creations have to have been created especially for that site. A hamburger between two donuts couldn't possibly taste good.
Edited by Edwin-S - 7/28/2009 at 09:36 pm GMT

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

A one third pound of sirloin topped with two slices of white American cheese, four strips of bacon, peanut butter, between two Krispy Kreme donuts.
Eww! I'm not sure which sounds worse; the peanut butter or the donuts?

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon ">[/url]

This is off-topic...but Dennis Nicholls clued me in to this website quite awhile ago. It is constantly being updated with new "finds" by contributors. When you get to the bottom of a page click "next" to see even more various gastronomic monstrosities. You will be constantly amazed. And each picture is linked to a larger image in case you can't quite believe what you are seeing.

[url=http://22.media.tumblr.com/i2dw5nf19jvchns5vYnyDu19o1_r1_500.jpg][img]http://22.media.tumblr.com/i2dw5nf19jvchns5vYnyDu19o1_r1_500.jpg">[/url]

I just figure people interested in this thread...would also probably have some interest in that website.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
So the guys in this thread who said they have occasionally gone through a case of beer in a night. Were you talking 12 or 24? I've done 12 but I didn't think that was anything to brag about. 24 on the other hand is quite an accomplishment.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
A case of beer is generally 24 or more, it seems many people call the 30 pack a case also.

GregClarke

Stunt Coordinator
As stated above, in Canada a case is 24, usually called a 2-4.
Twelve beer would a "12" or "12 pack".
This would also be Canadian beer, not the American stuff generally referred to as "making love in a canoe".

Originally Posted by Dennis Nicholls

How come none of the European members of HTF have spoken up?

It should be noted that the definition of a "case" of beer varies throughout the English-speaking world.

In the US, 24 cans is a case. In Canada and Australia, 12 cans is a case. Obviously Canuks and Australians are wussies.

In Australia, 24 cans of beer is called a "slab" of beer. I haven't heard that there is a Canadian expression for 24 cans of beer.

Edited by Dennis Nicholls - 7/28/2009 at 04:47 am GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks