What's new

The Chicago Code - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Yes it's television and despite all the reality flaws, the commissioner's age, the fact that she shows up at crime scences all time, (that would never happen in real life) and Gibbons (Robert nailed that one) I like the show. The commish and Wysocki have nice chemistry, I like the story lines and I like Chicago. It's a great city for exterior shots.

Really if I had created the show I would have made Covin and Wysocki partners since I think Beals and Clarke have a good chemistry. I'm not knocking Lauria because I think he and Clarke also have good chemistry I just think Beals and Wysocki have better.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Australian Actor Clarke made a good Irish-American on Brotherhood, now a good Polish-American here. Although I'm in no hurry for The Chicago Code to end, I can't wait to see what he'll do next.

John Lloyd

Second Unit
How many times in a single episode should an undercover cop meet with the commisioner? I think one is bad enough but last night's episode was really pushing it. I want to like this show but that is getting more difficult each week.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by John Lloyd

How many times in a single episode should an undercover cop meet with the commisioner? I think one is bad enough but last night's episode was really pushing it. I want to like this show but that is getting more difficult each week.
It does seem like they're getting lazy with their meetings. It used to be they would meet in some secluded area under some bridge or something, but now they're in broad daylight meeting with the commissioner and a lead detective. And wouldn't a gangster like that guy have some type of device to scan for a wire?

Still enjoying the show though.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It feels like they are pushing thru to an ending and rushing things like they know they are not getting picked up next year. If we lose both this show and Lie to Me this year it would be a shame.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hope they catch Delroy Lindo in the finale because the show got cancelled. Not that I keep up with ratings all that much but I thought this show was doing alright (if only because it has House as a lead-in) but I guess Fox needs to cancel nearly everything they produce in order to pay for Terra Nova.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

I hope they catch Delroy Lindo in the finale because the show got cancelled. Not that I keep up with ratings all that much but I thought this show was doing alright (if only because it has House as a lead-in) but I guess Fox needs to cancel nearly everything they produce in order to pay for Terra Nova.

I had read speculation that either The Chicago Code or Lie to Me was going to be sacrificed, but not both. Unfortunately it is both. I hope the season comes to a satisfying finale.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think it's too bad this show didn't get more of a chance, but that said, I can't say I'm HUGELY disappointed. I really liked the Delroy stuff...liked the Wysocki and Evers characters...and even Colvin grew on me. I just didn't like the "case of the week" stuff, which unfortunately most weeks was more than half the show.

The previews for next week's two hour finale look pretty intense. Hopefully some things get wrapped up, but I'm assuming they won't since the show's fate wasn't known at the time of filming.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Typical, absolutely typical. I was looking forward to seeing The Chicago Code, thinking it had a good chance of being renewed (it seemed to be getting higher ratings than Fringe, and that has been renewed). The pilot episode premieres on Sky 1 tomorrow night.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottH

The previews for next week's two hour finale look pretty intense. Hopefully some things get wrapped up, but I'm assuming they won't since the show's fate wasn't known at the time of filming.
I have hopes for the finale. I would think that they had to realize that they couldn't keep the Gibbons plotline going for the whole series. It would get stale with the commissioner getting minor victories and him setting them back - back and forth. The series would work better wrapping up this one plotline and then them realizing that there still is a ton of work to do. Meanwhile, with Gibbons on trial or even in jail he probably still would have some resources. That could still make a compelling second season. We'll find out next time.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I could be wrong as well but I could swear the promo said, "Next week's 2 episode finale."

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Very disappointed that this show got canceled.

I was critical of some the situations but I looked past some of the problems because I thought the cast had strong chemistry and Chicago is a great backdrop for a series.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

I could be wrong as well but I could swear the promo said, "Next week's 2 episode finale."

It did say something like that and I thought it implied it. On the other hand, House is on next week. So, it is just part 1 of the two-part season finale.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
This was one of my favorite new shows this year along with Blue Bloods. I enjoyed the show a lot and thought it was almost as good as shows like NYPD Blue had been. The acting was great and so was the setting. Also, I thought the show had very good writing too and it wasn't your typical brain-dead plots that most the general public go for.

It was interesting reading the articles from various news outlets on this. EW really ripped a new one on this cancellation and basically said the American people were too dumb to want an intelligent show they have to follow. They pointed out this show had the perfect blend in it was both stand-alone episodes and a deeper plot spread throughout. I must agree in that I really don't think we will ever see the likes of Lost or 24 again that you have to follow so closely. All the general public wants EW said was to be "spoon fed everything with no thought at all." This is why reality shows and such are so big, the American public is just too damn stupid for the most part. End of rant. :(

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeffery_H

All the general public wants EW said was to be "spoon fed everything with no thought at all." This is why reality shows and such are so big, the American public is just too damn stupid for the most part. End of rant. :(
I guess FOX is now going to have singing contests on both fall and spring tv seasons with X-Factor in the fall and Idol in the spring. That eliminated a chunk of time from their schedule. I think they would have been wise to have held onto this show for a mid-season run if they wanted to try other shows out in the fall. Quite a disappointment.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jeffery_H said:
I must agree in that I really don't think we will ever see the likes of Lost or 24 again that you have to follow so closely. All the general public wants EW said was to be "spoon fed everything with no thought at all." This is why reality shows and such are so big, the American public is just too damn stupid for the most part. End of rant. :(
Cable channels still want to run good serialized shows (Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, The Killing, Mad Men) and that's part of the reason why so many talented dramatists have abandoned network TV for cable. While network TV might be nearly dead for dramas, the networks do still have some quality comedies at least.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Things are getting close to a boil with last night's episode. I had a feeling "Liam" was going to get shot by the daughter. It is hard to forecast just how it will all shake out in the final episode next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks