What's new

2011-2012 TV Schedule (2 Viewers)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, the announcements have been fast & furious tonight!

Fox let loose with their whole slate. (Deadline.Com)

Cancelled: Human Target, Breaking In, The Chicago Code, Lie to Me, Traffic Light

New to the Network Next year: Confirmations on Terra Nova, X-Factor, The Finder, Alcatraz, The New Girl (1/2 hour comedy); I hate my teenage daughter (1/2 comedy)

NBC

Is reportedly renewing "Harry's Law"; "Law & Order: LA" is dead; and "Wonder Woman" is going to get an order (whether or not that's midseason or full season who knows)

I have a feeling that while people have been saying Fox threw a bloodbath, the bloodshed at NBC will be thick.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by mattCR

Well, the announcements have been fast & furious tonight!

Fox let loose with their whole slate. (Deadline.Com)

Cancelled: Human Target, Breaking In, The Chicago Code, Lie to Me, Traffic Light

New to the Network Next year: Confirmations on Terra Nova, X-Factor, The Finder, Alcatraz, The New Girl (1/2 hour comedy); I hate my teenage daughter (1/2 comedy)

NBC

Is reportedly renewing "Harry's Law"; "Law & Order: LA" is dead; and "Wonder Woman" is going to get an order (whether or not that's midseason or full season who knows)

I have a feeling that while people have been saying Fox threw a bloodbath, the bloodshed at NBC will be thick.

Thanks for the info on Fox. I hate to lose Lie to Me, but I'm not surprised.

As for NBC, they might as well have a bloodbath. Apart from NFL football, reality shows, Law & Order: SVU, and a couple of notable sitcoms (and even they don't garner high ratings), NBC doesn't have much that's drawing many eyeballs. Harry's Law, despite its mediocrity, has brought in the viewers so I'm all for giving it a second season to find its rhythm, cut the dead wood from the cast, and get busy with some interesting cases. But I can't ever remember a network that has, night for night, almost nothing of interest for those hungry for quality narrative programming.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Harry's Law was one of the few shows I thought was worth watching on NBC this year. Their slate was pretty well crap. Human Target had a great Season 1, but I thought Season 2 just went off the rails, I'm not surprised by it's axe. Lie to Me is kind of "eh". I was -very- hopeful about The Chicago Code, which I thought had a great basic premise.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Glad the networks are making it easy to cut down on the TV viewing for next season.

It is a shame that "The Chicago Code" didn't get a pick-up. Maybe it was just too expensive to shoot all those location shots for the ratings it was getting.

I won't miss "Lie to Me", and "The Human Target" missed its target in its sophomore season with the added estrogen content.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'll miss The Chicago Code, but I've learned to never get too attached to new shows.
I really enjoyed season 1 of Human Target, but season 2 - not so much.

I'll probably try Terra Nova, and The Finder. Not sure about Alcatraz however - have to see where it fits in the schedule.

- Walter.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
With Law & Order: LA being dead in the water, it's just makes it more harder to accept that the original L&O did not get another season. I mean, NBC could have renewed the original, and said to them, "this is the final season", like they did with ER. Or what USA has done with Criminal Intent.

Fox doesn't seem to have much left in terms of scripted programming, as the cartoons seem to be the only ones left that are worth watching. I considered checking out The Chicago Code, but after hearing the ratings being not so good in its premiere, I decided to wait and see if it got a 2nd season, and now, I won't even bother.

My fingers are really crossed when it comes to Blue Bloods on CBS. Interesting that some shows may get cancelled just because it's on CBS.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was disappointed to see "Breaking In" canceled. The numbers for that show were good, just apparently not good enough for the post-"Idol" time slot. I wish they would have tried it at a half-hour with less support and seen if it was able to hold its numbers. None of the others are really surprises to me.

Most years I hate to see my favorites get canceled, but I had way too many shows this year. I'd like to get down to one (or at most two) per time slot.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Disappointed about Law & Order: Los Angeles. I'm dreading hearing about what will happen with Detroit 1-8-7 and Blue Bloods. No doubt (and you'll have to excuse my dislike of the shows) the three CSI shows will all get renewed.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by MattH.

As for NBC, they might as well have a bloodbath. Apart from NFL football, reality shows, Law & Order: SVU, and a couple of notable sitcoms (and even they don't garner high ratings), NBC doesn't have much that's drawing many eyeballs. But I can't ever remember a network that has, night for night, almost nothing of interest for those hungry for quality narrative programming.

Agreed. Not many of their shows draw any audience, so they may as well clean house and start fresh. I don't remember the last time I've watched anything on NBC except football. Probably since the days of Frasier and Will & Grace.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
...and a couple of notable sitcoms (and even they don't garner high ratings)...
Yep, if it wasn't NBC's laughably low ratings then great shows like Community, Parks And Recreation and maybe even 30 Rock would have been cancelled long ago. For me, the joke is that while NBC is in the ratings dumpster, it's probably the network that I watch the most thanks only to their great Thursday night line-up.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think "Blue Bloods" is going to get picked up.

I think "Chuck" is dead.

I think Detroit 1-8-7 is dead (damn near 100% on that one)

I think V is dead (god I hope so)

I think S*(& my Dad Says is dead (we'll see)

I'm betting one of the CSI's gets the hook

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH.

As for NBC, they might as well have a bloodbath. Apart from NFL football, reality shows, Law & Order: SVU, and a couple of notable sitcoms (and even they don't garner high ratings), NBC doesn't have much that's drawing many eyeballs. Harry's Law, despite its mediocrity, has brought in the viewers so I'm all for giving it a second season to find its rhythm, cut the dead wood from the cast, and get busy with some interesting cases. But I can't ever remember a network that has, night for night, almost nothing of interest for those hungry for quality narrative programming.

I agree that NBC doesn't have much that's drawing eyeballs, as that's an objective fact, but I would disagree that there's almost nothing of interest for those hungry for quality narrative programming. Most of the scripted programming I watch is on NBC: "Chuck" and "The Event" on Mondays, "Parenthood" on Tuesdays and the whole comedy block on Thursdays. "Parenthood", in particular, meets my definition of "quality narrative programming", even if the viewership is marginal.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was weird to see "$#!+ My Days Says" just vanish from the line-up on Thursday (or any other evening) on CBS.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

I was weird to see "$#!+ My Days Says" just vanish from the line-up on Thursday (or any other evening) on CBS.

I think I understand their thinking. They saw what kind of ratings it was getting after The Big Bang Theory and had some shows on the bench they wanted to test run behind it, so they went ahead and ran through their entire slate of episodes for the show. Then, Rules of Engagement has done OK, but S^&% has actually done a little better in the ratings. With the reliable lead-in and weak opposition from NBC's comedy line-up, just about anything was going to do OK in that CBS timeslot.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm curious about Terra Nova, since I assume that will be the Waterworld of TV. Or it will be awesome. Either way, worth a watch this Fall.

No TV shows renewed or canceled that I watch, yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks