What's new

Smileboxed THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM -- Will it ever make it to Bluray? (2 Viewers)

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
This is screening again this year in Bradford at the Widescreen Weekend.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Moe Dickstein said:
Probably not. Was his meaning unclear?
Not really. I have heard of negatives disinigrating or worn but never past use date. It struck my funny as if negatives go out of date as milk does.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Why are you using a copyrighted photo of a record cover on this site?????? (around thhe world in 80 days)

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Bradford are projecting several digital films during the festivaL: So much for widescreen .Does this mean that the end is near for film projection at Bradford? I saw Bros Grimm many times in 3 strip cinerama and have it also on dvd. A great movie with unforgetabble music.It was a pity that the two leading actors were bland in their performances.Note that a car can be seen in the distance in one scene

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I don't think there's any problem with anyone using any pic they want for an icon - what commercial benefit would we derive?

AdrianTurner

BANNED
Real Name
Adrian Turner
A very disappointing programme this year in Bradford - who wants to see The Longest Day and Guns of Navarone projected digitally for God's sake! The only good thing about it is that I don't need to drive up there and endure that awful city and the awful food and the awful hotels for 3 days! Scanning the programme yesterday, it does indeed look as if film projection is coming to an end and after last year's South Seas Adventure experience I have no interest in seeing Seven Wonders of the World projected digitally.

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
AdrianTurner said:
A very disappointing programme this year in Bradford - who wants to see The Longest Day and Guns of Navarone projected digitally for God's sake! The only good thing about it is that I don't need to drive up there and endure that awful city and the awful food and the awful hotels for 3 days! Scanning the programme yesterday, it does indeed look as if film projection is coming to an end and after last year's South Seas Adventure experience I have no interest in seeing Seven Wonders of the World projected digitally.
Try scanning the program more carefully. "The Longest Day" is a 70mm print. :rolleyes: ...and what has Bradford ever done to offend your 'Southern Softy' sensibilities?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
cinerama10 said:
Why are you using a copyrighted photo of a record cover on this site?????? (around thhe world in 80 days)
Well I have used it about six months now in anticipation of a Blu-ray release of AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS. I used a version of the LP cover because it fits the size of the icon and just states the name of the film. I used something similar for Indiana Jones until those tiles were announced. After World is scheduled, and I do expect it to this year, I will more than likely use something, from RAINTREE COUNTY or THE GREAT RACE, maybe from THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL. Not sure why you a interested in it as copyrighted since in your next post you mention having a DVD of WWOBG and since there has never been a legitament DVD release then your copy is bootlegged.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by ahollis
Not sure why you a interested in it as copyrighted since in your next post you mention having a DVD of WWOBG and since there has never been a legitament DVD release then your copy is bootlegged.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Charles Smith said:
Originally Posted by ahollis
Not sure why you a interested in it as copyrighted since in your next post you mention having a DVD of WWOBG and since there has never been a legitament DVD release then your copy is bootlegged.
It was released on laser disc and many people made dvd copies from that scource. It also has been shown on TV numerous times- usually with the pre-credit sequence deleted.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
cinemiracle said:
It was released on laser disc and many people made dvd copies from that scource. It also has been shown on TV numerous times- usually with the pre-credit sequence deleted.
It was also released on video.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The last 4 posts are showing as one long post for me.

Now the last 5 including this one.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Same here, and that alleged post of mine, above, with apparently nothing but a one-line quote in it, makes no sense either.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I'm confused. My post was a couple years ago. And it pops back up. Nothing in this thread is making sense.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
On TCM Saturday 2/10 7:30 AM EST

grimm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks