What's new

Shogun coming to DVD?!?! (1 Viewer)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
TV guide confirmed that Shogun was coming soon. It also mentioned there would be commentaries by Chamberlane
and Shimoda. Hallmark Channel will be airing the complete
version in May.
Best
Greg

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
and the landmark television miniseries Shogun, starring Richard Chamberlain. Stay tuned for street date, specs and pricing information.
I just visited the DVDFile site & copied this info. I don't know what site you were looking at, but this info was there.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Jeff
I went back to the site and found the same info. It was rather like blink and you will miss it.
Thanks anyway, very good news anyway
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It was a bit small & easy to miss. I hope it sells like hotcakes so other mini-series get released.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
agreed and then the mini series Goliath Awaits with Christopher Lee should be next.
Lets hope there will be some kind of documentary on this.
How about Centennial or Thorn Birds ? Both starred Richard Chamberlain
:emoji_thumbsup:

Martin_KA

Agent
WOW!!
I can't wait till Shogun comes out on dvd.
I'm almost done reading the book and loving it.
I'm gonna buy as soon as the stores open

martin

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
IMDB.com has the following to say about alternate versions:
Among the changes: A more gruesome version of an early scene where a man is beheaded. A brief moment of full frontal nudity on the part of one of the young Japanese women.
I guess we'll get the original narration - but I doubt they'll include the additional European scenes. :frowning:

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Bill Hunt over at the Digital Bits posted that Paramount has announced Shogun with a September release. No actual date or other info was provided.
So get your credit cards ready for September. :D

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
According to data base files on tvshowsondvd.com "Shogun"
is coming from Paramount on Sept. 23, tentatively. It also states that it will the complete TV series. I hope that it does make it by then. I will definitely purchase this one when it comes out.

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
One of the things I really liked about the miniseries was the way it didn't really compromise with the material. A (bloodless) decapitation and the scene where Chamberlain's charachter is urinated on were both included, pretty heavy stuff for network TV at the time.
Martin, I went back and re-read Louis' post, and he doesn't say that you lied. He says that some of the information you gave later turned out to be false. That isn't the same thing as lying. A lie is a deliberate attempt to decieve. Most of us have probably said something at one time or another which we believed to be true, only to find out later that it was false. That doesn't mean we were lying, only mistaken. Unless I'm reading his post wrong, it actually seems very complimentary towards you.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Larry,
Thanks for backing me up on that. Martin completely took my post the wrong way. I wrote the follow up but he never acknowleged it. :frowning: As I said earlier no skin off my back,Shogun is coming to dvd wheter Martin hates me or not ;) :emoji_thumbsup: .But I dont like when people misunderstand and get offended by something that wasnt intended to insult. I dont like to make enemies,in person or on the forum,Im here for the info and great people I meet who share love of the same hobby. So Martin if your reading this no hard feelings? Please reread the original post in question. I meant no harm. I hope to hear from you.
And with regards to Shogun, my dads b-day is the 20th of september (mine the 19,my brother the 22nd) So it looks like gift shopping this year will be REAL easy. ;) Anybody have any guesses as to the price? How many DVD's you figure itd take to fit the whole series? Cant wait either way! :D
Later,
Luis S

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Anybody have any guesses as to the price? How many DVD's you figure itd take to fit the whole series?
The set is already up for pre-order at DVD Empire. It will be 5 discs. List price is $69.99 (pretty reasonable, I think). Empire is selling it for $55.99 - their standard (for box sets) discount of 20% off. Other vendors (DVD Planet, Deep Discount) will likely have it for less.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
The C&L Internet Club in Canada has it listed for a Sept 23rd release for $61.49 Canadian.

Other info:
>5 Disc DVD Set Features:
>Remastered and in 5.1 surround sound
>The making of Shogun - a 13-segment piece
>3 historical perspective featurettes
>Commentary by director Jerry London on select scenes
>And more

I was hoping for a 5.1 track but wasn't sure Paramount would do it. Glad they did.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to this set, and though it's still a little on the spendy side, at least it's not at $120 like the Battlestar Galactica series.

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Battlestar is $120?!

Aaah well, there's a lot of it I guess.

I'm definitely putting in my pre order for this.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
wow what a great press release. interesting to learn that Jerry London will be doing only a commentary for 7 scenes in total.
The price is much better than BG, so this is a must
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks