What's new

Searching for good computer speakers...or an alternative (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
if money permits, go with a receiver with DVD analog-in (6 channel input) and get a 5.1 soundcard like the Santa Cruz or Sound Blaster Audigy and hook it up to that. That's how I got mine rigged
I second that. I have the same setup except i use the digital connection of my audigy to my receiver.

I owned a yamaha computer speaker system that sucked. It had this little cube of a subwoofer and the sats were pretty shrill sounding. Still, it was a big step up from the stock speakers that i had. When i had more money, i decided to pony up on a Klipsch 4.1 system. At the time, i thought it was the BADDEST system ever period. For all intents and purposes i would have been pretty happy with the Klipsch 4.1 system and would have kept it. But numerous quality control issues (amp heatsink spurs, pink noise when turned off, screeching on left channel, overheating amp) forced me to go through 4, yes 4 defective promedia sets. I should have stopped with the second defective set but at the time i didn't know of any other computer speaker system that could match what the promedias had to offer.

When i got rid of the final klipsch 4.1 set i had i turned to this forum for enlightenment. My computer sound system sounds so much better than ANY computer speaker system i've heard. Of course it costs about 8 times more but the studio 20's and SVS sub walk all over anything that i've ever owned before.

Bottom line is since you already know what good audio is supposed to sound like i think you'd be better off bypassing any and all of the computer speaker systems offered in the market right now. IMO, none of them could match a dedicated hometheater system combo and you would just save yourself the trouble of going through those systems and getting dissapointed.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks