What's new

Sea Hunt (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So does anyone think that Sea Hunt and Bat Masterson Season sets will actually come out tomorrow as the latest Amazon ship date shows? Has anyone got a ship notice yet from any preorders. I'd be happy if we just get Season 1 of each now.

S

silverking

This seems to be the third time these have been postponed. Not even a future date now or sign of any box art. I'm beginning to have doubts we will see them, at least any time soon.Also have my doubts about 'Life & Legend of Wyatt Earp S2 from Inception.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
silverking said:
This seems to be the third time these have been postponed. Not even a future date now or sign of any box art. I'm beginning to have doubts we will see them, at least any time soon.Also have my doubts about 'Life & Legend of Wyatt Earp S2 from Inception.
I'm having doubts about Wyatt Earp season 2 as well. I see on their website there is a fan favorites coming. I think this is what was interpreted as Season 2. I'm starting to think that they only have Season 1 and the other previously released best of episodes remastered and they just are re-releasing these and are unsure if they want to spend the money to remaster the others. I hope I'm wrong but its starting to look like that. There is no mention of a season 2 anywhere on their website.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
The SEA HUNT individual seasons WERE to be released today, January 29, but are "backordered" and/or "unavailable" at Amazon, No cover art of any kind has been available at ANY site where the collections are supposedly to be sold. In fact, none are available today, the official release day! It appears that something is rotten in the wetsuit of Mike Nelson. I've never experienced anything so half-assed from a DVD company in my life!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Ed Lachmann said:
The SEA HUNT individual seasons WERE to be released today, January 29, but are "backordered" and/or "unavailable" at Amazon, No cover art of any kind has been available at ANY site where the collections are supposedly to be sold. In fact, none are available today, the official release day! It appears that something is rotten in the wetsuit of Mike Nelson. I've never experienced anything so half-assed from a DVD company in my life!
:(

JeffT.

Deceased Member
This could prove to be the hoax of the year but somehow I feel it will still happen...at least for the present! The aspect that I had definite reservations about was that the entire four seasons were being made available all at once en masse. This is never usually done! This may well be the crux of the problem here. Their intentions were just too ambitious to practically accomplish. The only tangible evidence of sincerity to hang on to is the SEA HUNT 24 Hour Marathon sampler DVD release and this was done and sold very well. Anyway I have had my order in for all four seasons since last November at a ripe price and let's just hope for the best. Jeff T. :rolleyes:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
JeffT. said:
This could prove to be the hoax of the year but somehow I feel it will still happen...at least for the present!
"Hoax" is a strong word for a company that has released best-of compilations and other "MGM" TV and Movie titles. I'm sure there's a logical explination for the delay.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
My feeling is that this is a smaller company who bit off more than they can chew. I think it's better they wait and get it right before they release it. At least they haven't released a defective product that needs a recall or a disc replacement like the Fugitive or The Bionic Woman. Even though it's frustrating, I'd rather wait for them to make sure everything is in order instead of releasing some rush, hack job. I'd also wish they would release the complete Sea Hunt in one boxed set besides the individual seasons.

dvdking

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
Hi Everybody. My first post after being a long time reader. I went on TGG's website earlier and sent an e-mail to Jeff Schillen who is one of 2 contacts on their website. I asked what the hold up is with these sets? To my surprise i got a response 8 minutes later. He said "It just shipped. it will be in stock by the end of this week or early next week" If this is true or not we will find out shortly. Tom

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
dvdking said:
Hi Everybody. My first post after being a long time reader. I went on TGG's website earlier and sent an e-mail to Jeff Schillen who is one of 2 contacts on their website. I asked what the hold up is with these sets? To my surprise i got a response 8 minutes later. He said "It just shipped. it will be in stock by the end of this week or early next week" If this is true or not we will find out shortly. I Hope Your Info Is Right Mate Because Like Others I'm Getting Frustrated, I Was Thinking It Was a Ploy To Delay The Season Releases To Sell More Of The Best Of Sets.

pmcguire16

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick McGuire
I ordered all 4 seasons of Sea Hunt from Amazon yesterday, and even though it said "temporarity out of stock", under that when you clicked on the individual companies distributing the sets, many of them said "in stock" with multiple quantities of each set. I ordered all 4 from cdquest in CA. I am hoping for the best, but I don't understand why Amazon is listing each set as 1 DVD. This cannot be for a complete season consisting of 39 episodes so it must be a mistake. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I paid $14 plus for each set.

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
Bat Masterson looks great. The picture quality is excellent in fact better that when I was a kid. Of course my television is much better also. Sea Hunt season 2 should be at my house by tuesday. Not sure what happened to season 1.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So we should be able to order all four season shortly. Good news. Quality on the "64 Episode Marathon" set is excellant.

S

silverking

I've had all 4 'Sea Hunt' seasons & the two 'Bat Masterson' on order from Amazon since before Christmas. None have been shipped & all say either 'temporarily out of stock' or 'We need a little more time etc'. There is still no box art showing for 'Sea Hunt. Amazon Canada still saying 'Due for Release on Jan 29th' but nothing in stock. Most frustrating.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I ordered all 4 seasons from Amazon for $12.99 each on Monday January 28th. Seasons 3 and 4 arrived today. I received an email today stating that Season 2 should arrive around February 13th. No word yet on when I'll receive Season 1. I will start watching them tomorrow. The packaging is rather interesting; Volume 1 for both seasons has three discs stacked on a single spindle (I've honestly never seen this before) and yet none of the 3 discs for both volumes are scratched. Volume 2 for both seasons has two discs on separate spindles. Disc 4 of Season 4 came scratched so I will be returning it for a replacement after I have viewed the other four discs. This was a blind buy, so I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with Sea Hunt. Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks