What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (12 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Well, we know that Lee endeavors to be accurate. And you know what? He does quite well. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Lee does quite well.I can't believe I forgot that Kyle was in the Transporter room in City on the Edge of Forever.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Oh, I think Scott more than edged out that question. I humbly yield.As I was thinking about Kyle's appearances, I was noting how rarely he was named. I recall him being called by name in Adonais, Mirror, Doomsday, The Apple, and (in a sense) The Immunity Syndrome. Did I miss any?The animated shows were the opposite--I recall him being named many times but not getting any lines most of the time.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,I don't think you missed any. Do you recall an episode in which he (I think it was him) was referred to as Cowell? Or am I confusing this name with another character?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Kirk kept calling him that in The Immunity Syndrome. (Did Mr. Kyle complain about it, resulting in him not being seen on the Enterprise for another year? I suppose if the captain starts calling you "Cowell," then you change your name to "Cowell!")

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the infamous Cowell pronunciation! It has had me wondering if it was a French Canadian pronunciation or something else, or maybe William Shatner had trouble that day with the name Kyle. Well, Scott, it's your turn.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Because so much of the episode was filmed on the bridge, I wonder if no one caught the mistake on the first day and then they had to keep it consistent for the whole week. In fairness to Shatner, I don't think he had ever once used the name "Kyle" in dialogue before. It was always James Doohan or Leonard Nimoy prior to that show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. It's up there with Karl Jaeger and how the different actors pronounced his name. Or even Mugatu and Kelley's troubles with that name! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Guys,I'll work on another question soon. :) In the interim, if anyone has one that they would like to ask, fire away!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, to keep things going, here's an off the cuff question inspired by Lee's question.Name all the episodes where an Enterprise crew member is beamed aboard the Enterprise in the teaser. I haven't done any research to identify them all, but there seems to be several.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Surely it is appropriate to start with the granddaddy of all beaming-aboard-during-the-teaser episodes: The Enemy Within.I'll also throw in the other first season instance: The Return of the Archons.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,How about Capt. Ramart, Charlie Evans, and one other in Charlie X, Crewman Jackson in Catspaw, and Cmmdr. Wesley in The Ultimate Computer? I guess we can't really count Losira as she popped in out of nowhere. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys: Right, the question is looking for only Enterprise crew who beam aboard the Enterprise in the teaser. So Mirror Mirror counts.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
(It may have been 3-1 before.)A Private Little War might count, as I think they are in the transporter beam when the teaser ends and already in the transporter room when act I begins.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, did I incorrectly credit Scott for Mirror Mirror, but it was actually you? Sorry, I stand corrected.And A Private Little War is the iffy one I had in mind! Correct. I figure that counts. You know they are beaming to the Enterprise as the teaser ends.4 for Lee, 1 for Scott. That might do it. But I'm sure I could have forgotten another!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks