What's new

Schoolhouse Rock in 2002 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
The great Saturday morning learn-a-thon Schoolhouse Rock, with the catchy songs you knew and loved, will be coming to DVD next year!
Vote for your favorites over at Disney.com ; the 25 most popular songs will be featured on the DVD.
In addition, the release will feature an all-new song about the electoral process. Look for Schoolhouse Rock: The Collector's Edition DVD from Disney in Spring 2002.
------------------
webmaster davisdvd.com
International Exclusives
[Edited last by Patrick Mirza on September 07, 2001 at 05:45 PM]

David Oliver

Second Unit
I'm just a Bill
Lolly, Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here
Shot Heard Round the World
Verb: That's What's Happening
Three is a Magic Number
I could've picked so many more...Conjunction Junction, Energy Blues, No More Kings...

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
No More Kings
I'm Just A Bill
Interjections
Figure Eight (the sad one!)
Verb: That's What's Happening
My real beef is that instead of doing these right, they're just packaging them as a best-of. Why not release them in two or three sets?
Did anyone else by the "Schoolhouse Rock" covers CD? The Pavement cover of No More Kings is a mind-blower.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Typical Disney. It would be easy to cram all of the shorts on one or two disks, but they aren't even considering it. Come on, have enough guts to release a definitive set.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Before I vote, I need some help. Wasn't there one about food? I seem to recall something about food and eating cheese. Which one is it? HELP!!!
biggrin.gif

Sarah S

Second Unit
Eating cheese & songs about food were featured in the same timeslot as Schoolhouse Rock (Saturday mornings in my area) but are not part of Schoolhouse Rock. :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Sarah,
It was an old cowboy (I think) weilding a cheese wedge. Damn I thought it was a School House Rock.
furious.gif

I guess I can go vote now.
25 + 1 new one? What's that, like a 30 min. running time
confused.gif

Someone start a petition.

Bruce Lennon-Jones

Auditioning
Details on the web site are sketchy, but only the "video", ie, the VHS, is described as "Best of Schoolhouse Rock". My optimistic side expects the DVD to contain the complete set.
And as for cheese...
Time for Timer!
I'm so hungry I can eat a wagon wheel!
When my get-up-and-go
has got up and went,
I hanker fer a hunk o' cheese.
If yer headin' for a showdown,
and yer feelin' kinda lowdown,
then hanker fer a hunk o' cheese!
If yer ten gallon hat
is feelin' five gallons flat
then hanker fer a hunk o' cheese.
It's a real winner,
and yet won't spoil my dinner
I hanker fer a hunk o' cheese
I hanker fer a hunk o'
A slab or slice or chunk o'
I hanker fer a hunk o' cheese.
Look a wagon wheel!

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Details on the web site are sketchy, but only the "video", ie, the VHS, is described as "Best of Schoolhouse Rock". My optimistic side expects the DVD to contain the complete set.
That's my take on the upcoming releases. The voting sounds like it's for the "Best of" compilation Video.
The Collector's Edition DVD sounds like it'll have everything. But that's my take on what the web site says. I could be totally wrong.
Andrew
------------------
"There's nothing you can do to stop the catharsis of spurious morality!"

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The VHS is definately going to be the only one that is "Best Of". That is where your votes will be going to: the VHS edition.
The DVD *will* have everything...it will be the complete collection.
I saw this information a few months ago, when the catalog booklets in the Disney DVD's started mentioning that it was coming soon. I will try to recall where I saw the details and post a link. Thanks,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Schoolhouse Rock! If it really will be all the episodes, that will be great. I will definitely pre-order that one.
Time for Timer would also be fun to have. Anyone up for a frozen treat? :)
------------------
-Rodney
No MAR'ed Films, I want my OAR!

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
quote: I saw this information a few months ago, when the catalog booklets in the Disney DVD's started mentioning that it was coming soon. I will try to recall where I saw the details and post a link. [/quote]
I remember seeing an advertising insert in the Emporer's New Groove: Ultimate Groove. I don't have it in front of me, but I think I remember it said it Schoolhouse Rock was coming in August 2001. So I don't know how much faith I would give the catalog booklets in Disney DVDs...
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/
[Edited last by Andrea W on September 07, 2001 at 11:42 PM]

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
1. Conjunction Junction
2. I'm Just a Bill
3. I'm just a Gigolo...oh wait that's David Lee Roth..nevermind.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
laugh.gif
Andrea, yes...they DID say August. But we all know how things get pushed back, especially by The Mouse.
Wherever I read it, the article I saw was already saying that they were going to miss August, in order to get it all on the disc(s). They would shoot for Christmas, but if it didn't make it they would go for spring. That sounds like what happenned, since the new date is indeed spring.
Didn't anyone else read this thing? Help me find it if you did, because I've come up empty so far.
All-in-all, though, I would be glad to wait so that I can have it done right the first time. I'm certain my son will enjoy watching these as I did. Here's what you will get:
* Every original Schoolhouse Rock segment from the 70's
* All the new ones created for it's relaunch in the 90's
* A brand-spanking-new segment JUST for the new home video! It will be another law-based one, but NOT to replace "I'm just a bill, just a lonely ol' bill...". My favorite, incidentally.
I owe SR a debt, by the way. When my 9th grade history class had to - each of us, one-by-one - get in front of the class and recite the preamble to the Constitution, and I was 2nd thanks to the seating chart...well, I just was reciting as far as everyone else heard. But in my head I was singing:
"Weeeee the people...in order to form a more perrrrfect Un-ion...establish justice, insuuuuuure domestic tranquiliteee-eee-ee-eeeeee-ee!" :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Great news. I'm only 19, so I was too young for these (and too old for the 90s remakes, which I never knew about), but have wanted to see them for a while. Looking forward to them.
David, you said that the article you read said the disc(s) would include
Every original Schoolhouse Rock segment from the 70's
From what I have heard, there was a weather-related one called "The Greatest Show on Earth," over which they were sued by Ringling Bros. circus because RB own the copyright on that phrase, so they haven't released it on video. Any word on whether that one will be included on the DVD? Being a meteorology major, I'd love to see the weather cartoon. Let's hope they're able to work out a deal on that one with the circus people. Although I noticed that one wasn't included as an option in the poll, so it's not too promising IMO.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. I was unaware of the Ringling Bros. thing, and I don't recall it mentioned in the article. I expect it will be a no-show. Or, perhaps altered somehow.
But you never know; maybe Ringling will get some $ for letting Disney include this. We'll have to wait and see what happens!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Write on!
A Noun's a Person, Place, or Thing
and
Good 11(never gave me any trouble 'til after 9)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Figured that I would resurrect this old thread for an update.
The preview for Schoolhouse Rock on the Atlantis: CE says that the DVD is going to include ALL of the shorts.
The VHS is going to be best-of only.
Also, looks to be commentary from the original cast members as well.
-Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks