1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

S-Video cable

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by SunnyUN, Jul 8, 2003.

1. SunnyUN

SunnyUN Auditioning

Hi All!
    My name is Sunny and this is my first post on this forum. I'm sure that I will make a lot of friends here and will improve my knowledge too. My query is about S-video cables. I just purchased a Canon Projector LV-X2 and a Samsung DVD Player E-138A. This is going to be used primarily in my office for presentations. The DVD player will be used to show our Company DVD discs to customers. When I connected my Laptop to the projector via the VGA cable and played the DVD on it, the picture was smooth and flawless. However, when the DVD was played via the Samsung player the picture was not as smooth with some jagged edges. The DVD was connected to the projector via the standard RCA cable supplied with the player. WIll the output be better if I use an S-Video cable or Component Video cable? Also I wanted yout comments on this Projector and on the Samsung DVD player.
    Thanx a million[​IMG]

2. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

It will be better, but not as good as the laptop. Using my limited knowledge of how projectors work, I would venture to say that the computer can natively output whatever the max resolution the projector supports, hence a smoother picture.