What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Filming for the pilot starts this January. It would be cool if it went to series by next Fall.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173493-when-will-joss-whedons-shield-pilot-start-filming

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
ABC is basically married to this now. Thinking about a Sunday Night slot.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/10/abc-s-h-i-e-l-d-joss-whedon/
oss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. may only be a pilot at this stage, but ABC entertainment president Paul Lee sounds confident he’ll give the heavily buzzed-about project a series order. Critics pelted Paul Lee with questions about the network’s upcoming Avengers-related project at the network’s press tour day in Pasadena, and the executive gave up a few tidbits. Lee described the Whedon series as “not exactly about The Avengers but is attached to it” and promised “I can tell you it’s a great story.”
“It’s just very Joss,” Lee said. “You know how Joss is so high-low? And he’s able to be intense and epic and suddenly funny and silly? He’s just got that ability to be super entertaining and sort of super educated.”
Lee added that Whedon is “very engaged” in the creative process of the series despite big-screen commitments and said that Whedon is working on scripts beyond the pilot. “For us to have Joss Whedon not only [attached to] the show but passionate about the show, directing and writing pilot … he’s already working on the scripts,” Lee said. “We shot it in LA to make sure he’s free to work on it across his TV and feature life.” An ABC source says the network had Whedon work on additional scripts on the expectation that the in-demand director might become unavailable later this year after the show is presumably greenlit.
ABC has already committed to multiple episode scripts. That's about as good as it gets.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
ABC president Paul Lee says that S.H.I.E.L.D. takes place after The Avengers http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174417-marvels-shield-will-take-place-after-the-avengers

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
joshEH said:
What's a brutha gotta do to get a Whedon-produced Damage Control TV show?
Considering that Damage Control wasn't (and isn't that well-known outside of the people who read it, I don 't think that there ever will be a TV show based on it. Also, with all of the cameos by superheroes in the show, it would be impossible to pull off due to budget.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
joshEH said:
What's a brutha gotta do to get a Whedon-produced Damage Control TV show?
Considering that Damage Control wasn't (and isn't that well-known outside of the people who read it, I don 't think that there ever will be a TV show based on it. Also, with all of the cameos by superheroes in the original book, it would be impossible to pull off due to budget.
Rocky F said:
Neal McDonaugh as Dum Dum Dugan would be awesome as well.
Dugan is dead in this version of the S.H.I.E.L.D. franchise, as is Gabe and everybody else involved with Captain America back in WWII.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
That's good news about Cobie Smulders. I doubt there would ever be room in the Avengers movies (or any of the individual titles) to develop the character. But if she's in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series then Maria Hill can certainly be developed.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
ABC announced the official title and released a plot synopsis today:
Joss Whedon shows us not all heroes are super with "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, Marvel's The Avengers, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen ("Dollhouse," "Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog"), Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias") and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville," "Lost," "Heroes") comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
It's looking increasingly likely that ABC will take this one to series.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Some info regarding "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/02/iron-man-3-marvel-phase-two/5/
Given how many characters Marvel Studios controls, and the fact that they only want to produce two films a year, could we see some of the as-yet-unused heroes – like Black Panther — turn up here?
“If that works the way everyone expects it to work I think that would open up another avenue, another outlet for some of those characters,” Feige acknowledes. “Maybe they guest star, I don’t know. I think they’re avoiding the cameo of the week on that show, which is very smart.”
But, well, there is one other question: Would Robert Downey Jr. ever return to TV for a guest appearance as Iron Man?
EW asked him straight-up. Downey Jr.’s response: “You know what? There’s no telling. I am open to everything.”

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Some reports are coming out the ABC has picked up "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." for next season. No confirmation yet from the most reliable TV new sites.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Would be smart for some of the big movie names to cameo every so often. Makes sense given the universe the show takes place...plus it would be a huge ratings boost.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think there may be some sort of promo this Sunday.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks