What's new

RIP David Carradine (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Nope - didn't happen that way. I'm going to redact history in my mind and choose to believe he was found dead in a Bangkok hotel room surrounded by the bodies of 300 Ninja

Guess it goes to show, one night in Bangkok really DOES make the tough guys tumble. . . .

PaRaman

Auditioning
Real Name
PaRaman
ya its work and useful me...tnx
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather believe that it was a sex game gone wrong instead of an intentional suicide. The later implies a long period of private suffering ended by a final desperate act. The former implies a little sexual deviancy, but a generally content life ended by the sort of "Shit happens!" accident that potentially separates us all from our maker.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
In a way I'm glad that it wasn't the weight of an increasingly felt burden of life, that killed him.

His Kung Fu has become an icon in film history. May he rest in peace, indeed.

Cees

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Tarantino was on Larry King Live last night with a couple other KILL BILL actors and they all seemed to agree that Carradine would have gotten a kick out of dying a "mysterious death" and that he would have wanted to go out that way. The tribute was very nice last night. Apparently he was getting offered more work than he could actually do so the suicide is very unlikely.

I think someone said it best when they argued that neither David or his father ever got enough credit for their great work because they also appeared in a lot of "lesser" films.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
So he shut himself up in a wardrobe and performed this crazy sex game on and by himself? That also seems to imply a private suffering ending in a final desperate act.

Shane D

Supporting Actor

i dont think this is as uncommon as we think. lots of people use chocking as a sexual thing. singer of inxs was found in a similar position

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Nor Does His Brother Keith Who Should have Won an Emmy As Wild bill Hickcock in Deadwood, and as Inspector Lundy on Dexter.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I do hope they investigate this thoroughly!

Somehow we the public immediately and too easily believe that an actor must indeed have been involved in a sex game of sorts. It might really have been quite something else, e.g. a "common" robbery with murder.

Cees

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"BTW, there is now a pending investigation, because the claim of accidental doesn't work since his hands were tied behind his back"

Yea I was just read that and was about to post this as well.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The family is also now asking some inside information, because apparently someone is selling (or trying) crime scene photos to media outlets. Sick, whoever decides to profit on these should .. eh, let's just say I strongly dissapprove :frowning:

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've read countless theories on what happened and I doubt we'll ever know for certain. I've read that he was stabbed in the neck and a hooker was seen running out of his room. Later, her pimp went back and "fixed" the crime scene. There's also a rumor going around about a mob over there.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
If his hands were tied behind his back then yes definitely I think foul play had to be at work. Hopefully his family can get some answers because it doesn't sound like the local authorities there know what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks