What's new

RIP Matthew Perry (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Unfortunately TMZ is reliable enough so that this is probably true.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
WTF!!! I am tremendously caught off guard and saddened by this news. Such a tragic end after he appeared to have successfully overcome so many demons. 😢

May he R.I.P.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was shocked and saddened to read this when I logged on this evening. The Variety obit had him quoted as saying that he estimated he spent $9 million over the years getting clean and sober. His friends and fans are surely going to miss him. R.I.P.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not a fan of Matthew Perry. Just to be clear, I didn't dislike him -- I'm just not familiar with his work. I've never seen so much as a frame of Friends. But all the same, when I ran across this news in my feed tonight, it was still difficult to understand what I was reading for a moment. He was too young. It didn't make sense. It shouldn't make sense.

What a shame and great loss for those whose lives he touched. Rest In Peace.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Damn. He was younger than I am. The 1990s were really great for me and of course Friends was a part of that. I did not know the actor of course, but he represents that era for me and wow. Damn.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Sad. RIP. He played with Bruce Willis in the comedy The Whole Nine Yards- he more or less played Chandler in the film.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sorry to hear this. He was very talented and far too young. I read today that in his book, he talks about starting drinking at age 14. That’s a recipe for disaster.

In addition to Friends, I also thought he was terrific in Studio 60, which is a show that I wish had been renewed.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
In addition to Friends, I also thought he was terrific in Studio 60, which is a show that I wish had been renewed.

I wish it had been, as well. Unfortunately, there was a massive bidding war for it, so NBC was paying a bucket-load for it. Oddly enough, it was on during the same season as 30 Rock. Studio 60 had better ratings, but 30 Rock was a lot cheaper, so they went that way.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Now the only movie/TV Odd Couple stars still with us are Demond Wilson and Thomas Lennon. The original movie turned 55 this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks