What's new

RESCUE ME (ongoing discussion) (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Granted, the Chief showed a lack of character by using his son. I like to think that in the same situation I would have proudly introduced him to my crew as "my son, a firefighter in Boston", but you've got to remember that it ain't always that easy for us older guys to put aside the prejudices and stereotypes that we grew up with and were pounded into our heads every day.

In 30 or 40 years (I'll be long gone) look at yourself and ask if there is anything about you that the kids born in 2020 find ignorant, bigoted, or old-fashioned. :)

I love this show.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Last nights episode for me was probably one of the funniest episodes I have ever scene.... I will put this part in a spoiler tag... So you have been warned...

The part where Franco is getting the cock ring cut off the... Between the sparks, the huge pup tent, and his face I was laughing so hard I almost passed out...... That scene alone made my eniter week... The other scene I thought rocked was scene between tommy and his cousins wife... WOW.. Tell me she isn't freaking hot!!!

Great episode... I also like how next weeks episode looks very very dark......

R~

P.S. The scene at the funneral was freaking funny too!!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

Especially right before that, when he is saying, guys should be happy with they have etc...then when he heres the results:

"THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT"....ROFLMAO.....

Great episode.... Anybody else think the cousins wife is freaking hot!!!!!!

R~

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
So what did you all think of lasts night episode.. The cheif is in trouble... He needs some help re:gambling... Throwing a female into the station house, this should be very interesting.....

so do we the wife was really pregnant or do we think she had it aborted????

Good episode.......

R~

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I found it predictable that the woman would be some hot chick. I can't believe that type of woman would of been able to go through some sort of boot camp training and have no muscular frame.

I think with all the storylines already about skirt chasing, this one seems to be nothing new.

One observation i've made about the show recently. Its turning too much into a Soap. I guess I would like to see the show deal more with the fire and rescue aspect of being a fireman.

Still enjoy the show, but would like to see less emphasis on the characters life and more on their jobs.

Paul

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
As long as they keep the characters interesting (which they've been doing a good job of), I don't mind that they focus on their lives.

Me too.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
That is what me and the wife thought too....... The characters are pretty darn funny and interesting, but I do think they need to get back on track with some good fire rescue scenes.... I am wondering if the budget had anything to do with not showing a lot of fire scenes etc....

Great show, does anybody know if it has officially been picked up for another season. I know they have been talk about it, but has it been made official?

Thanks
R~

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Anybody else think Paula Devicq ("Party of Five", "Dinner & Driving") looks VERY different now? In her first appearance as Sondra, I didn't even recognize her until I remembered the credits. Something about her lips or eyes looks totally different.

Nice to see Diane Farr again, but not sure I like that turn of events and the inevitable gawking/sexism capers to follow. . .

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
So, did they introduce Tommy's other brother Timo the DA as a replacement for the other brother that was a cop?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Loving how their handling Diane Farr's character. Having weakness and overcoming that wasn't something I was expecting and certainly helps to give some character depth. This show continues to surprise me and get better over time.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I don't know what the deal is on the brother thing. The first brother was IMO, too good an actor for such a small role. Perhaps he's moved on to greener pastures.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally caught up with the last 3 episodes, all of which were very funny.

I had no idea Diane Farr was joining the cast (her being from "The Job" in Denis Leary's stable of actors that get work in his shows), so that was a nice surprise. Highhats, indeed.

I didn't realize that was Paula Devicq either, I guess the Party of Five cast is all getting work this season.

Probie has probably the worst luck of any guy on TV. That was just creepy with the new roomie getting high and hard for Probie.

Tommy's smoke-out antics (trapping the dopehead in a locked room lit up in blazes) will eventually land him in some deep dookie.

Franco and the Cliff Clavin-like Sean's double date with the twins was predictable, but so was their ineptitude to know the twins would pull the ol switcheroo.

Anyhow, a good set of fast, furious and funny episodes from the past 3 weeks.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Hard to pick out the wildest moment from last night's show:

The chief on the toilet?

The pickup made while kneeling in front of a casket at a wake (even Six Feet Under never went quite that far)?

The two guys at Borders debating the meaning of the yellow handkerchief in Sean's left back pocket (even though the setup for this was obvious, the payoff was more than I ever expected)?

Lou's nightmare?

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks