What's new

RESCUE ME (ongoing discussion) (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
So far I think the show rocks.... This could be another break out hit for FX along with it's other shows Nip/Tuck and The Shield.

So far my favorite line is from the pilot episode....

"They do forget" I was rolling on the floor when he said that...those who say the show now what I am talking about...lol......

So far I like it and I am anxiously waiting to see how it plays out...

Does anybody know how many episodes it slated for???? I haven't heard anything yet..

R~

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Agreed-very entertaining. I like Leary in the dramatic roles. This could even open up feature roles for him.

Oh and...

Agreed, great film, but BAD DVD. It came out last year and was non-anamorphic. I don't know what Buena Vista was thinking...

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

At the show's official site:

fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/rescueme/main.html

there are indeed currently slots for 13 episodes in the Episode Guide section.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The subplots to this show so far are so all-over-the-map, but still fun to watch. Also, isn't it almost life-like how Tom can chew out his ex-wife (for wanting to move away from the northeast) and a day or two later she asks him for help with the plumbing. Obviously the ex-wife knows what a hothead Tom is, but she just moves past his verbal rantings to get what she wants anyway.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, that tends to be the case with any on-going story, be it a novel, a soap opera or a comic book. You set a lot of things, actually or apparently unrelated, in motion in the early "chapters", then start tying them together as you go. We're only four episodes into a series I'm sure the producers hope will run for years, and they're setting up situations that they can exploit down the road. Depending on how tightly outlined the show is, and how far in advance, they could be setting things up now that will pay off in year two. I don't see anything that's happened so far as a major weakness, and am enjoying the show more each week. I've just dumped the first four episodes from TiVO to tape to try get a couple of friends hooked.

Regards,

Joe

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Sorta like real life.

Seriously...think about any 6 or 8 of your real-life friends, co-workers, relatives, or neighbors. Now, think about all the weird little things that you're AWARE of that are going on in their lives. Now, extrapolate from that all the weird little (and BIG) things that are probably going on in their lives that you're NOT aware of...al the "behind closed doors" stuff.

Makes a TV series like this look like a boring documentary, doesn't it? :D

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm a big Denis Leary fan, and am really liking this show so far. I'm glad he gets to show off his more dramatic chops here. I sure hope this show has a long, successful run.

(I'm pouting and heartbroken "Touching Evil" was cancelled. Makes me almost leery to love new shows.)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The following is an excerpt from the New York Times for Saturday, August 21, 2004. Assuming Rescue Me gets a second season, I'll bet Leary is already writing the script:

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, after that beat-down Tommy gets, I doubt he'll as magnamimous to his ex-wife Janet's plans to move the kids away. The writing is ironic since if Roger would have just taken his beating, he'd be in a far away place with Janet. Now, that's not going to be an option because Tommy's gonna be pissed for a long time.

Wasn't too crazy about the station chief Jerry getting let off by his own gay son's testimony when it was so far from the truth. Not a likable guy at all, that chief.

Tommy should seek some psychological help because of all the delusions he's having with "dead" victims in his line of work. Now that the crew have seen his delusions in action, it'll be harder to stave off the shrinks.

I'm ambivalent to the new father storyline for Franco.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The woman has since backed off her rape claim and admitted to being a "firefighter groupie" of exactly the kind that Franco talked about in the pilot. She had intercourse with her on-line buddy and oral sex with three other firefighters. During her interrogation she asked if she could be interviewed by some better looking detectives according to an item I saw on either the Daily News site or on New York 1. Evidently a serious whack job. And yeah, Leary's probably already written this one up. Maybe Tommy will get involved with a similar woman and his brother the cop will investigate - that could be fun. :)

I think Roger made a serious mistake by a) escalating b) making it a beating rather than something resembling a fair fight and c) not even bothering to show up as a witness. Of course, Tommy was on the verge of flame-broiling Roger's face, so maybe he didn't really escalate things after all, and maybe it wasn't just a matter of "taking his beating." Tommy was so pissed that Roger could have been on his way to a landfill on Staten Island if the kid hadn't walked in. On the the other hand, he arguably would have deserved it for showing up at Tommy's house in the first place, not taking the hint from Tommy's silence and just generally being such a tubesteak. :)

Regards,

Joe

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Check the FX website. The most recent episode, "Revenge", will repeat several times during the next five days. As for a marathon, I'm not aware of anything.

M.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Ok the chick is reminding me of the one from nip/tuck...... Hopefully we are done with her........ So far the show is pretty good... It has me watching every wensday.... I like it alot... The part with the peer group was too freaking funny.......

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I stayed up late last night to watch my recording of "Revenge". Pretty funny situations (the shake-down of Roger, Tommy's booty call going psycho-arsonist, the traumatic stress group getting the riot act read to them by Lou, the tranny affair). Franco's subplot isn't that interesting so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks