What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Remo Williams is coming (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
That has to be some sort of typo as MGM released OAR versions of Juggernaut, White Lightning and Gator -- all part of that budget line series of titles -- in their proper aspect ratio on LD. If not, I'm going to Santa Monica with an axe in my hand.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
When I opened this thread I was tremendously excited. When I read, however, that Remo Williams would be released in P&S only, my grin disappeared. I truly hope the DVD will be anamorphic widescreen, because NO OAR = NO SALE!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I'd be very surprised if this wasn't anamorphic widescreen. It was shown on HBO or Showtime in HD last year ( I recorded it).

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Where do you guys see this is out? I don't find it anywhere...

and Ya I'll take it about anyway it comes but please don't make it P&S!

G2

Ryan Potts

Stunt Coordinator
It's not out Gary. they announced it for mid July (I believe).

I'm hoping this isn't P&S, but if it is, this is one movie I won't be adding to my collection anytime soon, no matter how bad I want it.

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Great news about the release - only hope that its going to be OAR and not butchered... otherwise I won't be spending money on it.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
As I posted in the "Midnight Movies" thread, I will eat my hat if MGM will put out "Troll" and its sequel and not release "Remo Williams" OAR. I'm sure we'll find out for real soon enough...

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Wasn’t this released in Dolby Stereo SR at the time, I heard this mix years ago and was very impressed with what Sprocket systems did with it. Still waiting for MGM/UA UK to release it on region 2, come on MGM/UA!

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure "Robocop" was the first Dolby Stereo SR theatrical release, which was in 1987, as to whether Orion was testing the system for Dolby a year or two before Robocop in the recording & mixing stage of other film's, I have no idea, there certainly wasn't SR hardware in cinema's at that point.

M

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I must have been thinking of something else than, but Star Trek IV the Voyage Home was released with Dolby SR type prints, 35mm 70mm.

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
MGM released a pan-and-scan version of Remo Williams, The Adventure Begins in 2003, so this will not be the first DVD release of the film. Now that Sony has acquired MGM tiltles, they are rereleasing them. I'm afraid this release will again be pan-and-scan, though I'm hopeful it will be OAR.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Do we have actual specs on this re-release
to confirm or deny that this is in OAR?

MGM really screwed this release up. They
knew that this was a film that was "in demand"
and they rewarded those of us that had lobbied
for its release with a Pan & Scan copy.

I ended up buying a Japanese R2 release to get
it in anamorphic widescreen.

I am awaiting to hear if Sony will give this release
the justice it deserves by releasing it in its OAR.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Stephen

It’s eluded me then! I’ll have another look around for it, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koala
Recent bookmarks