What's new

Reaper Season 2.... (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Love the show, some great lines in this week's episode. I just hope they keep it going. It's sad it only gets 12 per season.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Actually, it's 13 this season (counting last night's), but this could still be a good thing -- paring down the side-stories and "filler" episodes, and keeping the storytelling tight, lean, and focused usually yields creative rewards with smaller batches of episodes.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I was a bit underwhelmed but I'll give it a chance to get rolling, there were some funny bits thou especially with Sock and his new sis.

It seems shows with less eps, i.e Damages, Dexter, Weeds, etc usually tend to have better writing, so I'm all for 13 eps seasons over 24...

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The entire bit with Sock & his sister is creepy, wrong, and at the same time outrageously funny at times. Now we get to see how dating the demon goes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Once that demon switched into human form...She was hot. ;)

I hope Ted is not gone for good. He may be a tool...but, he's funny. But, if he is gone. I wonder if they plan on making Andi the new manager. Especially, after she impressed the secret shopper. Finally, what happened to Ben's old girlfriend...The chick from Battlestar Galactica?

On a side bit of news. TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted that Reaper season 2 will be released on dvd a week after the last episode airs. And it will supposedly have some extras.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Did the Writer's Forget what happened to Sock when he fell for a demon, kissing one leads to losing one's life essance, and what happened to her? That was a bit more interesting a relationship than sock's "Sister" although it have had its moments.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Glad to have the show back. Sock rocks. Oddly the lead actor and actress are the weakest part of the show for me. Both are pretty bland. Ray Wise as the devil on the other hand rules.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm glad the show is back as well, Sock never ceases to utterly kill me and the stuff with his HOTTTT asian (damn I love em') sister is comedy gold lol.

I like how Sam's situation with the devil feels both so amusing and so desperately hopeless at the same time.

BTW, the make-up job they did on those winged demons was impressive! They belied both CGI and man-in-rubber-suit at times and they really seemed otherworldly. They also sort of reminded me of the Creeper in Jeepers Creepers.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Like Supernatural. I would love to see the "other side" aka Angels. I want to see ask them how someone else could sell "his" soul. Also, I want to see them go back and find out what those pages Sam's Dad ripped out.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
We know from the end of season one that no one really sold his soul.. he is, in fact, the son of the devil. So, they sold his birth, which made him what he is.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
We did -- once. Michael Ian Black's gay demon came back as an angel near the end of last season to pass on a message to Ken Marino's vengeful gay demon.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Are we sure about him being the devil's son? Remember something is up with his earth dad....Ripping out the pages of the contract...And we did see him survive the burial. (if I remember right ;) )

And yes. I remember seeing Michael Ian Black come visit. But, we need something more than a vision....And it has to be a hot chick. Just think of the fun of seeing Sock hitting on an angel.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The AA meeting scenes were some of the funniest sht I have seen, the whole idea was brilliant. "Go to a bar and order your favorite drink.", "Then walk away!", to the next meeting with only 1 member left and the Devil says "You cured!" LMFAO!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Might be the funniest thing I have seen on the show.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

And the best part was the prize for being cured, a bottle of Jack Daniels I think it was. :D

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, a nice full bottle of Jack Daniels
The whole bit of "you'll never know if you've beat it until you order that drink and walk away! That's power!"

Great stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks