What's new

Proof that J6P has entered the realm of Hi-Def (2 Viewers)

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Since someone has finally broached the subject of the destruction of the English language on discussion boards, I can't help but point out that post #1 on the blu-ray.com board exhibits one of my pet peeves:

the word is DISAPPOINT(MENT), not DISSAPOINT(MENT) nor DISSAPPOINT(MENT)..

Thank you and good evening.

Oh, heck. I just can't shut up now. Please look up EFFECT and AFFECT in a dictionary if you don't know what each means. They are different.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Dave, I loost my miind aggeess aggo. When I foound ouut it waas gooone, I waas tootaallyy diissappoinnttedd.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Jeff, sorry we had a little fun at your expense.:D I have made a few of those fat fingered titles myself.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If FULLSCREEN is industry standard jargon for '1.33:1' and WIDESCREEN is industry standard for all aspect ratios 1.66:1-2.40:1, then what are they going to call videos cropped to 1.78:1?

I know ...... HDSCREEN!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
When 16x9 finally becomes the norm, 1:33-1 ratio might be "narrowscreen" or "skinny screen" or "skimscreen"...!

:)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Two things -

1. J6P - We ALL started out as J6P until we became educated on all these aspects of home video (widescreen, multi-channel, anamorphic, etc). Only with continued education by those now in the know (i.e. already educated) can make a difference. No one simply walked in and knew everything on day 1.

2. J6P isn't determining anything regarding widescreen, cropped, etc. If that were the case, all widescreen movies would be cropped to 16x9 or 4x3 and that would be the end of it. Even in the grocery stores that pawn DVDs at the register, there is an equal number of widescreen mixed in with full screen.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Is that an imported 6 pack or domestic. I mean an imported 6 pack kinda guy might favor OAR.

Of course the micro brew crowd would insist on lossless audio.;)

Doug

Rolando

Screenwriter
WTF? Does this still go on in this day and age? I thought it was a joke for a second. seriously, something like the onion . com or like it.

Yes, this is why I almost hope HD stay a Niche product for a long time.

I don't need $5 cheapie bin HD movies, I'll reduce my purchases to one HD movie every 2-3 months if that is all I can afford but I want it done right. Not chopped up, bareboned, photoshop cover crap to sell a billion copies at Wal-Mart

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks