What's new

Proof that J6P has entered the realm of Hi-Def (2 Viewers)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

yeah, lets get this format war over asap so we can motivate more of these kinds of people to get on board. (not talking about the Dawbly curious so much as I am the "let's make a list of acceptable discs" guys. To me, the "tier" threads are just as bad in their own way)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
No. These bars are only visible on weak displays. It has to do with the extra weight 20 GB has on BD's. Add to that the excessive pressure put on the display by all that extra bitrate and it tends to squeeze the picture height. I know this for a fact because I read it on an AVS thread. Someone even posted a picture.:laugh:

Sorry, I could nor resist.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Great thread, choices being made because the movie doesn't fill the screen in HD, you can't make this stuff up, :laugh:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked the line: "digital film".

Well, here's another sign, Costco is selling HD-DVD's.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
The site is not a gag, but the posts on the site make you want to gag.:laugh:

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
I just tasted Todd's throw up in my mouth and compounded it with a bit of my own throw up, along with the combined throw up of both our unborn children. Excuse me - I'm about to go throw up again just thinking about it.

Cheers,

Jason

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
I will reply with a quote that someone had in their signature on a board I frequent, can't remember who or where...

The average IQ is 100. That means that half the people in this country are dumber than that.

I can't think of a better example than that thread....

Maybe one day he'll discover the "Fit to screen" setting...

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator

Yet somehow my IQ is 138.

Funny yet disturbing thread. Then again I've seen people just like this during my on-going retail days. And somehow I am the one at fault for not having an 1.78:1 edition of.. say.... "Matrix Reloaded."

Rob Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Wow...I first read the posts here then that thread thinking it'd be sooooooooooo bad and it wasn't as bad as the comments here would imply. Yes they are being silly there and I find the whole "fill up my screen" stuff outright lame but sheesh, elitist much in this thread?

You know it is funny....if I commented about members here or at AVS the way some here in this thread did of those at that thread (and believe me I have seen some pretty stupid crap/posters here and at AVS) I'd be bitched at. I love the double standard.

I give credit for one of the posters there knowing that 'you are' is "you're" not "your"...most members here and at AVS have no concept of the that and all the other incorrect grammar they use. Who are the morons now? Oh wait I forgot...not knowing simple english taught in grade 2 is less important than wanting your screen filled up. My bad.

Sheesh.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just a little bit of fun Rob. Not many here are really elitists. Maybe a few ;)...I'm off the hook because I still use my VCR. :D

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
QUOTE:

I give credit for one of the posters there knowing that 'you are' is "you're" not "your"...most members here and at AVS have no concept of the that and all the other incorrect grammar they use.

Read over your own words. Sometimes people just type too quickly to realize they've made a grammatical error. :)

Cheers,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks