What's new

Potential WB "Two Disc Special Editions" (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Rutger_S
Have you got a link for this.
How about this for the SE DVD of Forbidden Planet
a commentary with Leslie Nielsen, now that would be very funny :D

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator
I also suggest that WB put out "Contact" in a two-disc special edition, including deleted scenes, behind the scenes documentaries, and keep all the good stuff from the original version, specially the commentaries.

DeVario

Agent
Regarding A Christmas Story : I think Warner owes us a 2-disc SE in its OAR of course. I'm not sure what the supplements could be, but with only a pan & scan disc on the market it's the least they could do. What do you think?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
A Christmas Story probably has enough potential stuff for a 1-disc SE, but 2-discs are slim to none...unless you want a 4 hour making-of documentary.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I also suggest that WB put out "Contact" in a two-disc special edition, including deleted scenes, behind the scenes documentaries, and keep all the good stuff from the original version, specially the commentaries.
Plus get the isolated score from R2.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Batman ('89) is crying SO very loudly for a special edition. Last year in a HTF chat, I remember Warner saying it was coming this year. Lately, there has been no talk about it.

Also, I would love to see a new Matrix. The current version was reference quality when it was released ('99), but clearly has too many artifacts. A new transfer - or even some kind or re-authoring process would be nice. Maybe they could release this around the time of the next Matrix movie.

John Herk

Agent
I would love to see all the Dirty Harry movies as a 2 disc set (Suprised noone mentioned those yet) . Along with Every Which Way But Loose and Any Whick Way You Can.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't bet on those Dirty Harry movies since they just came out (remastered) recently - same goes for Every Which Way But Loose - I am glad to have it looking as good as it does.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Re: The Magnificent Ambersons

The version released in France has an audio commentary by Welles (at least 50min of), from Bogdanovitch taped interviews of Welles...

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks