What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Stand By Me (4k UHD Combo SteelBook) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
THE COMING-OF-AGE CLASSIC
RETURNS ON 4K ULTRA HD™!
2f9fd465-5175-1f24-56fd-6672ee5e180c.png
c07ad4eb-e37a-cc25-f9a2-66adc761de00.jpg
LIMITED EDITION 4K ULTRA HD™ STEELBOOK
AVAILABLE DECEMBER 5TH
SYNOPSIS
In a small woodsy Oregon town, a group of friends - sensitive Gordie (Wil Wheaton), tough guy Chris (River Phoenix), flamboyant Teddy (Corey Feldman), and scaredy-cat Vern (Jerry O'Connell) - are in search of a missing teenager's body. Wanting to be heroes in each other's and their hometown's eyes, they set out on an unforgettable two-day trek that turns into an odyssey of self-discovery. They sneak smokes, tell tall tales, cuss 'cause it's cool and band together when the going gets tough. When they encounter the town's knife-wielding hoods who are also after the body, the boys discover a strength they never knew they had. STAND BY ME is a rare and special film about friendship and the indelible experiences of growing up. Filled with humor and suspense, STAND BY ME is based on the novella 'The Body' by Stephen King.

DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS
4K ULTRA HD DISC
  • Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision.
  • Dolby Atmos + DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Mono audio options.
  • Special Features:
    • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (presented in HD)

BLU-RAY DISC
  • Feature presented in High Definition
  • 5.1 audio.
  • Special Features:
    • Picture-in-Picture Commentary with Director Rob Reiner and Actors Wil Wheaton & Corey Feldman
    • “Walking the Tracks: The Summer of Stand By Me”
    • Audio Commentary with Director Rob Reiner
    • Music Video

CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Rob Reiner
Produced by: Bruce A. Evans, Raynold Gideon, Andrew Scheinman
Screenplay By: Raynold Gideon & Bruce A. Evans
Based on the Novella “The Body” by Stephen King
Cast:
Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O’Connell, Kiefer Sutherland
SPECS
Run Time: Approx. 88 minutes
Rating: R
4K UHD Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 1.85:1
4K UHD Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible) | English 5.1 DTS-HD MA, English Mono DTS-HD MA, French (PAR), Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You'll notice it doesn't have a digital code. There is no 4K digital available on any service.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is this a first for Sony, Robert?
We have speculated for a few years that there must be some kind of rights issue as to why the digital has never upgraded to 4K. What I don't understand is why especially with the HD digital still available?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
We have speculated for a few years that there must be some kind of rights issue as to why the digital has never upgraded to 4K. What I don't understand is why especially with the HD digital still available?
And it also has never been a Movies Anywhere title, so the digital rights may actually be affiliated with someone other than just Sony.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The previous 4K blu-ray of this film that I have, has a AACS 2.1 protection*, and couldn't be played normally on my PC. It pixelated every few seconds. To be able to play it, I had to rip it to my hard drive.
I hope this one corrects that problem.

*The known UHDs which have this are:
--- The Patriot
--- Fury
--- Stand by Me
--- Zombieland
--- Charlie's Angels (2000)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I just watched this, and it looked terrific, a really wonderful image. It’s, of course, a tremendous movie too.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
What really bugs me about these Sony titles is that they leave bonus material off the Blu Ray, and then put it on the 4k. This title and Kramer V. Kramer did theirs with deleted scenes. Why can’t they just put everything on the 4k AND Blu Ray, so I don’t need to own 2-3 discs of each title?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
What really bugs me about these Sony titles is that they leave bonus material off the Blu Ray, and then put it on the 4k. This title and Kramer V. Kramer did theirs with deleted scenes. Why can’t they just put everything on the 4k AND Blu Ray, so I don’t need to own 2-3 discs of each title?
Some studios do the opposite- Paramount’s Naked Gun puts the commentary track on the BluRay, not the UHD. WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks