1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Polk R50's and CSI3?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Quinn, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Quinn

Quinn Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with these fronts and center? I was at Circuity City and they were on sale for $199 each. They sounded pretty good with the sub and surrounds off but was wondering what others think about the quality and price?

Thanks,
    Quinn

2. Lev-S

Lev-S Well-Known Member

I had the R50s w/ a CSi30 and was quite pleased. I recently upgraded from R50s to RTi6s and the I thought that the improvement was quite drastic. (The R50s use a crummy tweeter).

3. Quinn

Quinn Well-Known Member

The RTi6 is a bookshelf, correct? How does it differ soundwise from the R50 as a floorstanding speaker?

4. Lev-S

Lev-S Well-Known Member

much clearer, more transparent sound. bass wise i noticed no difference because I was running a sub along with them, but from running the frotns large (with the sub off) it was impressive.

5. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    If you have a Fry's near you, they regularly have the R50 for $99 each. That's a really good deal, even with a "crummy" tweeter [​IMG] ! (and the R30 for $69). Gene

6. Quinn

Quinn Well-Known Member

I am in Portland, OR and called Fry's. They are the same price as CC ($199).

7. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    I have a good friend in McMinnvill who bought a pair from Fry's in July for $99 apiece. And I have seen the same price several times since. And remember, $199 is Fry's regular price not their sale price. $199 is a fair price. $99 is a steal! Good luck with your decision. Gene