Polk R50's and CSI3?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Quinn, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Quinn

Quinn Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have any experience with these fronts and center? I was at Circuity City and they were on sale for $199 each. They sounded pretty good with the sub and surrounds off but was wondering what others think about the quality and price?

Thanks,
    Quinn

2. Lev-S

Lev-S Second Unit

I had the R50s w/ a CSi30 and was quite pleased. I recently upgraded from R50s to RTi6s and the I thought that the improvement was quite drastic. (The R50s use a crummy tweeter).

3. Quinn

Quinn Stunt Coordinator

The RTi6 is a bookshelf, correct? How does it differ soundwise from the R50 as a floorstanding speaker?

4. Lev-S

Lev-S Second Unit

much clearer, more transparent sound. bass wise i noticed no difference because I was running a sub along with them, but from running the frotns large (with the sub off) it was impressive.

5. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    If you have a Fry's near you, they regularly have the R50 for $99 each. That's a really good deal, even with a "crummy" tweeter [​IMG] ! (and the R30 for $69). Gene

6. Quinn

Quinn Stunt Coordinator

I am in Portland, OR and called Fry's. They are the same price as CC ($199).

7. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    I have a good friend in McMinnvill who bought a pair from Fry's in July for $99 apiece. And I have seen the same price several times since. And remember, $199 is Fry's regular price not their sale price. $199 is a fair price. $99 is a steal! Good luck with your decision. Gene