What's new

Person of Interest Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Interesting casting question regarding Control/Ma'am. If they are going for someone a little older I'd suggest Cristine Rose. (a.k.a. Angela Petrelli from Heroes.)

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They film this show in NYC, maybe somebody like Glenn Close or some other metro-based NYC actress can do some guest appearances as Control/Ma'am?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Robert Crawford said:
They film this show in NYC, maybe somebody like Glenn Close or some other metro-based NYC actress can do some guest appearances as Control/Ma'am?
Queen Latifah

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
I think it's because we've never seen the machine get that specific before. If it can do that, then why just give an SSN with NO other information whatsoever?
Ah, but this was a very special situation. The show's made clear that the Machine was always capable of providing this level of specific information, but that Harold intentionally handicapped the machine because he didn't trust any individuals with having that level of power. In the case of the relevant side, the Machine gives Control SSNs to follow up and covertly inserts more detailed intelligence into other reports where the changes won't be noticed but will be acted upon. In the case of the irrelevant side, they were stealing information from the government's single most classified system. A nine-digit number was all that Nathan (and later Harold) could risk.But once the virus crashed the Machine and forced it to reboot, it went into God mode and the person (or in this case, persons) who answered the call had full access. In the finale, we got to see the machine with all of the limitations and safeguards removed. The show was careful to make clear that this was an extraordinary occurrence.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I would agree that this isn't a surprise. My only concern is that if the cast gets too large for the show it can dilute the impact of the leads. I always thought that one of the things that made the Lethal Weapon films progressively weaker was the expanding cast which limited screen time for Riggs and Murtaugh.

Tuesday evening should be a really strong block for CBS. I googled the CBS fall schedule and was surprised to see that NCIS: Red did not have a slot.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walter Kittel said:
Yeah, I would agree that this isn't a surprise. My only concern is that if the cast gets too large for the show it can dilute the impact of the leads. I always thought that one of the things that made the Lethal Weapon films progressively weaker was the expanding cast which limited screen time for Riggs and Murtaugh.

Tuesday evening should be a really strong block for CBS. I googled the CBS fall schedule and was surprised to see that NCIS: Red did not have a slot.

- Walter.
Walter,

However, I found the team kind of lacking in numbers to combat different adversaries at the same time. Both of the detectives have their day jobs so Reese really needs a partner/backup that is not confine to a computer like Finch or as NYC Detectives. It gives them other options having a female operative too.

Also, it will be interesting to see how much of Reese rubs off on how she handles things and viceversa.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Robert, you make a good point about having more resources in the field to deal with multiple threats. The series certainly explored that a little bit at the end of the season in the Shaw episodes. I've posted before that one of the major themes of the show is the concept of redemption (particularly as exemplified by Reese) so I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaw become more conscientious as the series progresses.

Scott, Reese already has a love connection. Her name is Zoe. :)

- Walter.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Zoe might not be on too much next year as the actress is doing a new show on the WB, I believe. Did it seem Fusco was used sparingly the last four or five episodes? I like it when he's featured and like the story of his redemption.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Paige Turco did a pilot called The 100 for CW. I guess we'll know tomorrow if it is picked up for the fall season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Even if the show's picked up, she has a supporting role on that show. I'm sure her schedule could accomodate the three to four episodes she's averaged a season so far.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Adam Lenhardt said:
Even if the show's picked up, she has a supporting role on that show. I'm sure her schedule could accomodate the three to four episodes she's averaged a season so far.
Hope so. Always like seeing her on the show.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Personally, I'd rather have Zoe as the regular than Shaw. Shaw is basically a female version of Reese. I like that Zoe brings something different to the table.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Hanson said:
Personally, I'd rather have Zoe as the regular than Shaw. Shaw is basically a female version of Reese. I like that Zoe brings something different to the table.
Not to me. Reese is more cerebral than what he appears while Shaw is more apt to turn to violence to deal with a threat.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Robert Crawford said:
Not to me. Reese is more cerebral than what he appears while Shaw is more apt to turn to violence to deal with a threat.
True. I was just more thinking of their "bad ass-ness". I just don't think we need two characters like that...the Zoe angle brings a better dynamic with Reese, IMO.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Hanson said:
True. I was just more thinking of their "bad ass-ness". I just don't think we need two characters like that...the Zoe angle brings a better dynamic with Reese, IMO.
As much as I like Zoe and her chemistry with Reese, I see nothing wrong with having some female "bad ass-ness".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks