What's new

Paramount DVD Requests for 2007 (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Paramount hopefully you can bring us:

Anamorphic versions (R1) of:

DAYS OF THUNDER
THE KEEP

LCD22

Screenwriter
Paramount please finish the "MacGyer" series with the two 1994 made-for-TV movies, "MacGyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis" and "MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday", and also bring Richard Dean Anderson's short-lived UPN series "Legend" to DVD. It ran for 13 episodes (including the double-length pilot episode "Birth of a Legend"). "Legend" also starred "Star Trek's" John de Lancie and was co-credited by the late "Star Trek" and "The Dead Zone" Writer and Executive Producer Michael Piller.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
In my 4+ years as a member, my wish list of movies from Paramount has hardly moved. They did come out with the musical version of
SCROOGE (1970 with Albert Finney)
But I’ve seen no movement on the other 3 movies:
ENCHANTED APRIL (1992)
SOME KIND OF HERO (1982) a classic for Richard Pryor
THE STERILE CUCKOO (1969)

But with a new year, comes renewed hope.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Still hoping for:

THE NAKED PREY (1966) --coming in Jan '08, via Criterion
MONTE WALSH (1970)
THE AFRICAN QUEEN (1951)
CRACK IN THE WORLD (1965)
ACE IN THE HOLE (1951, aka THE BIG CARNIVAL) --released in July '07, via Criterion
PHASE IV (1973)
DARK CITY (1950)
THE ACCUSED (1949)
THE FURIES (1950)
HELL'S ISLAND (1955)
THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE (1973)
THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM (1968)
THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH (1959)
THE SKULL (1965)
THE COLOSSUS OF NEW YORK (1958)
SPACE CHILDREN (1958)
IF... (1968) --released in June '07, via Criterion
UNMAN, WITTERING & ZIGO (1971)
FRAULEIN DOKTOR (1969)
ONLY WHEN I LARF (1968)
DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS (1965)
UNION STATION (1950)
FILE ON THELMA JORDAN (1951)
APPOINTMENT WITH DANGER (1951)
ALIAS NICK BEAL (1949)

Most-wanted 16x9 enhanced re-releases:

BREAKDOWN (1997)
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ (1979)

And if these were retained from Republic, as was IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE:

THE QUIET MAN (1952, restored)
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1956, with the original pre-SuperScope 1.33:1 print used, or else a 16x9 remaster of the SuperScope print)

Most-wanted Paramount-controlled TV series:

THE FUGITIVE: SEASON 1.2 & 2-4 (1963-67)
THE INVADERS (1966-67)
THE WESTERNER (1960)
CORONET BLUE (1965)
RAWHIDE: SEASON 3 (1960-61)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Phase IV (1974)
Student Bodies (1981)
The Keep (1983)
White Dog (1982)
The Sender (1982)
White of the Eye (1987)

All with original theatrical poster art would be nice.

KELLYBOY

Agent
Real Name
bob berg
According to a source at Paramount ACE IN THE HOLE is due to be released on DVD later on this year. I believe AFRICAN QUEEN has been restored and is ready to go, but why Paramount has not yet released this film is anyone's guess. THE QUIET MAN is undergoing restoration and hopefully could be released soon. Lion's Gate only has the Republic titles for one year and then they revert to Paramount so one would hope many titles from that studio will finally make it to DVD. Frankly, I am under the impression that the people at Paramount are totally clueless as to what is left to be released on DVD or what is in their library otherwise why would MY GEISHA be released before such titles as SUMMER AND SMOKE, SAMSON & DELILAH and LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I certainly hope that you are right with some of this information. If so, this would make my year!! Bring on "Ace in the Hole" & "The African Queen"

Michael Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
Though they have a lot to go in the catalog apparently, I have a few requests for SE's or remasters of the following:

FACE/OFF (known to be coming this year; I've been waiting a LONG FREAKIN' TIME for this, as I sold my copy in 2004 when I first heard the word)

THE NAKED GUN (with the deleted scenes for TV PLEASE...missed when POLICE SQUAD! hit DVD)

TWIN PEAKS: SEASON 1 with the pilot, obviously.

With Eddie Murphy's re-emergence into the spotlight it's about time we get 16:9 SEs of 48 HRS., ANOTHER 48 HRS., and COMING TO AMERICA ("Let Your Soul Glo Edition"?). I really want a TRADING PLACES SE ("Lookin' Good Billy Ray Edition"?) to be done too, as the first release (which I waited too long for) had zero features.

PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES is my favorite comedy ever, has deleted scenes from the TV version, is Steve Martin's personal favorite of his work, and yet an SE was never done. I've been through 2 copies of the current release, and since all of Hughes' other Paramount titles except for SHE'S HAVING A BABY were revisited, hopefully this film's loyal fan base can be pleased. Will this be the "Those Aren't Pillows Edition"? Or the "You Gave Me F**king Keys to a F**king Car That Isn't F**king There Edition"? One could only hope (or dread).

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
How about the greatest Rock and Roll movie ever, American Hot Wax? If Paramount secured music rights to the Hollywood Knights, then "Wax" shouldn't be a problem. Jay Leno, Fran Dreschler, Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis are all solid names that would sell this DVD...Come on guys, release it anamorphic with a DTS track and a few docus wouldn't hurt either. ;)

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely "The Naked Prey", Cornel Wilde's African-adventure magnum opus!!!

Please, please, please!!!

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator
Tales from the Darkside (TV)
Friday the 13th: The Series
The Brady Kids
The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle
Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Man, when I saw this was bumped, I was hoping we had gotten some news, especially on DAYS OF THUNDER or THE KEEP.

Does anyone from the studios ever look in this categaroy anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks