What's new

Panzer Dragoon Orta (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Wow Dan, Thank you! That box art is gorgeus, I hope that makes the US release as well.
Orta's got that teen idol sensation look about her. Sexy little vixen:D.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
No Kelley, I dont want to hear it....:D
Actually I've seen that box art. Its not bad, though the Japanese version is nicer.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Many of the screenshots at TXB are higher than the 480p this title will likely run at. Probably taken from a dev station with the resolution (and possibly the texture detail and/or other visual enhancement) cranked up.
That version of the game could be playing at 5fps as far as we know.

OK, devil's advocate mode off.

I do expect this game to look great. Hell, the demo looks pretty nice, and it's an old build, and only running in 480i!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Many of the screenshots at TXB are higher than the 480p this title will likely run at. Probably taken from a dev station with the resolution (and possibly the texture detail and/or other visual enhancement) cranked up.
As many games are, to "show off" so to speak. One that comes to mind recently is Brute Force. I can still hear the disappointment of the disenfranchised when they found the in-game graphics weren't as mind blowing as the screenies that had been running around the internet.

Thankfully as you noted Michael Panzer Dragoon is fantastic looking even in 480I. 480p should be very impressive and hopefully Smilebit has the foresight to include 16:9 support.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
BTW, when I say the commercial isn't hot, I'm not criticizing the game. I just didn't think the (live action) commercial was great.

As many games are, to "show off" so to speak.
Yep. Sad but true. This kind of thing was all-too common in the 80s, where artists would composite screenshots to show more action on the screen at once than the game engine and level design would actually permit.

Now it's even worse, because the shots are 'real', they just aren't necessarily the version (resolution, effects, texture detail, horizon depth) you'll actually be playing.

Frankly, I think it approaches false advertising and should be scrutinized.

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
And that new gameplay elements helped Sega sold Shenmue more than 100 copies in US, huh? :P Bottom line is being new gameplay or not, if it's fun it's gonna have a better chance of good sales than being JUST DIFFERENT.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Very nice Dan. Pic from the Japanese box art:D. (Now on my desktop:)). I'm waiting for Gamespots third part of thier PD series this week. Pretty good articles with some nice ancillary information about the dev teams and what not.
*sigh* One month to go......

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Reports from TXB are are that Famitsu gave it 38/40 (10,10,10,8). Supposedly an EGM editor needed 6 hours to finish the game, and some have said 20+ hours to unlock everything.

"By the way, those of you who found the demo uninspiring will be blown away by the retail version. the demo is actually just the first level. there are 9 more levels after that, and the game gets increasingly more beautiful, bizarre, psychedelic and... well, let's just say it makes rez look pretty tame by comparison.

as for shallow gameplay, smilebit really gave orta some depth by allowing you change into 3 different dragon forms -on the fly- depending on what the situation demands. not only do you change into 3 forms, but each dragon can level up and morph into more powerful shapes as you go through the game.

there are a shitload of bonus features in pandora's box, including subquests that involve entirely new characters with new storylines in entirely new levels. totally kick ass.

Oh yeah, and those of you who think you'll blow through PDO like you did PD or PDZ -- think again.

took me over 6 hours to get to the end my first time through, and with all the stuff i've unlocked in pandora's box, it still tells me i've only unlocked about 20%!

crazy.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
took me over 6 hours to get to the end my first time through, and with all the stuff i've unlocked in pandora's box, it still tells me i've only unlocked about 20%!
*drool*

God Michael, it isn't like its not already hard enough waiting for the freaking game!!!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And please remember this is a demo of the old crusty PC port of Panzer Dragoon...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks