Panzer Dragoon Orta

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Holy crap! I couldn't believe this game after playing the demo on the OXM disc. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is so fun. Geez, I don't remember the Saturn version being this much fun...too bad I have to wait until January for it.

2. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

I've never played any of the panzer dragoons before but I was also amazed with this game. I found it very fun and very reminiscent of the early 90's side scroller shooters in the arcades. I can't think of the names but I know one of the had differn't planes and jets including the f14, a10 and a f18 I think. And they had different strengths.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I was reading about how PDO is going to have some "big secret" in it. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you can access a previous PD game after beating the main game, just like in House of the Dead 3.

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I'm pretty sure it's already been revealed that the original game is in it.

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Which is what Graeme said, the original game - Panzer Dragoon.

7. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

In fact, I know for sure that OXM had a sidebar about it in their PDO review.

8. Romier S

Romier S Producer

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I wonder if they'll spruce the original up...

Maybe they'll have an original version of it and a remix version with better graphics?

(I'm out of the loop on X-Box stuff since I don't have one. I'm hoping to maybe get one this Christmas, but I'm still waiting for hell to freeze over)

10. BrianB

BrianB Producer

11. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Wow, very nice Brian. Looks quite a bit like the smoother PC version which ran at 640X480. I am liking Sega's recent trend of including original titles in with thier new releases. Hope they keep it up!

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Yeah, those screenshots look very clean indeed. I really wanted them to include Zwei, as I prefer it over the first game... Guess they need to keep something for a bonus with PDO2 [​IMG]

13. Michael St. Clair

Saga, please, Saga! It would only take up about 25% of a DVD-9, and most XBox titles leave more empty space than that.

14. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

We can hope for a PDO2. Even more we can hope for a PDS2.

15. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Yeah I loved the demo as well...I've played it through about 7 times already. Great stuff. Going to pick it up for sure. And I was drooling over the Splinter Cell demo!

16. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i played the demo.

i think it wont sell. dont get me wrong, honestly, believe it or not, i love panzer dragoon. i even used the music ( by yoshitaka azuma ) from the opening title of the first game, for my wedding ceremony.

reasons?

the gameplay is old, i didnt notice any improvement on the control scheme. i believe there are people who simply hate on rail shooters, because they think on rail shooters are out of date. well, i cant blame them, because it is outdated in a sense.

i believe it is going to be really short. and i know, that there are people who despise short games, and i cant blame them because it makes all the sense in the world.

i will pick the game up immediately if the majority of the reviews were higher than at least 87 percent on gamerankings, otherwise i would wait until the price is lowered. i have to play a panzer dragoon sequel no matter what. panzer dragoon was one of my first 32 bit game!

17. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

87? Why 87??
    [​IMG]
    Will it sell? Probably not, neither did JSRF... awesome game that it is.

18. Romier S

Romier S Producer

19. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Wonderful post, Romier! My sentiments exactly.

I would like to add that just because you beat a good game, doesn't mean that you are technically "done" with it. Whatever happened to playing through a game a second, third, or even a fourth time? I've probably played through the original Contra at least 50 times, and it only takes 30 to 45 minutes to do if you're any good. Yet, I don't mind because I love playing that game, and it's still offers a wonderful 45 minutes of entertainment. More recently, I found myself playing through much of Dead to Rights a second time, even though I had already beaten it. Why, you ask? Because it was such a blast the first time that I couldn't get enough of it with one run through.

Too many gamers nowadays think that unless the game lasts for 40 hours, they're getting ripped off. Whatever happened to making a quality game, even if it was short? I'd much rather play a brilliant game that lasted 5 hours than suffer through a dull 40-hour ordeal. I say that because I know I am much more likely to go back and play that 5-hour game than I am to re-play the 40-hour one.

Furthermore, I'd like to say that I really enjoyed the demo of Panzer Dragoon Orta. I'm definitely considering picking it up when it comes out. I may wait until after Christmas, when I will most likely have some gift certificates and extra money to blow on games, but it looks like a purchase-worthy title to me.

20. Romier S

Romier S Producer