What's new

Outer Limits (Original Series) - Why Rereleased? (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Yes, you've nailed it. But there are at least two others (those I mentioned). The Galaxy Being comes in the oversized, flip-open case (blue); The Hundred Days of the Dragon comes in the oversized, flip-open case (goldish brown). I have never seen any other than these three in the oversized casings.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Anyone who saw "The Watchmen" feature film this past weekend noticed a nice little shout out to The Outer Limits (original series) where the opening control voice is played on a television in the next to final scene.

In the original graphic novel, it even name checks the episode that it "nicked" a major plot point from, naming both Robert Culp and the episode, "The Architects of Fear."

The major plot nicked? ...

To avoid nuclear war between Russia and the U.S., Dr. Manhattan is posited as a 'common enemy' who nukes major cities throughout the world. Russia and U.S. make peace over this common enemy. That was essentially the plot of "The Architects of Fear," where a group of scientists picked straws and created a alien among themselves who could pose as a common enemy to the countries of Earth, so they would unite in peace.

With some renewed publicity from a blockbuster film ($55 million opening), it would be nice if MGM prepared some HD Masters of the original series and finally released a version with the image quality properly restored.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Amen to that. I'd buy a couple of copies in a heartbeat.

I haven't seen The Watchmen yet, but it's kind of nice hearing that someone is throwing a nod that way. Really nice, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks