What's new

Oldie of the day (1 Viewer)

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Originally Posted by AL KUENSTER

How about Since I Fell For You by Lenny Welch gives me goose bumps every time I hear it, great song.
Great song. I have the original, but Al Jarreau's cover is better IMO.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

This one is so lovely it hurts. The slight distortion on the "whooo whoo" just gets me.
What a lovely Bang & Olufson table.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
I don't mind at all if folks post tracks from the 70s as well. The Raspberries and Badfinger tunes definitely capture the spirit of the oldie- sunny, upbeat, high spirited. Great tunes!

My family just returned from vacation. Twelve hour drive each way, with two vehicles, one a rental.
My wife drove the rental, which has satellite radio. Last night she told me that the kids preferred the 60s station most of the time. It made me a proud papa...

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Heh. Angel Baby was used extensively in The Fourth Tower of Inverness, a radio serial broadcast in the early 70s. The basic story took place at an old mansion that had three towers. A fourth tower appeared to a select few. It's appearance was always accompanied by the playing of Angel Baby, which seemed to be coming from the phantom tower, where other dimensions existed. A very cool story with lots of sound effects and hippie mysticism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Tower_of_Inverness

You can actually get the original radio version here:
http://www.zbs.org/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_19&products_id=290

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I love Rosie and the Originals' version of Angel Baby. I also like John Lennon's, but not quite as much.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
In my 15 years of mobile DJing, there has never been a ballad that packs the dance floor as well as Unchained Melody. Here is a surprisingly good performance from Shindig.

lynnevans

Auditioning
Real Name
lynnevans
Every person has his own choice of music. Generally youngsters have to like rocking music. Old misc is really slow and heart touch. We know that people say always Old is Gold.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Another awesome tune, and a long-time favorite of mine. :)

Kronosis

Agent
Real Name
David
A little before r n' r really started, but one I still enjoy: Big Mama Thornton, Hound Dog

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks