What's new

*** Official TROY Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Finally got to watch it last night. I found it average, liked it in bits and pieces. Even the soundtrack was 'off' in places.

First of all, I no prior knowledge of Homer's Illiad.

I like Pitt as an actor though I did find him a bit stiff in some scenes and his line delivery likewise. Pitt seemed miscast for this role. He's not suited for some epic warrior hero type. Pitt does best with pyschological thrillers and dramas. Bana, on the other hand did well as with O'Tool, Cox and Bean (he's natural). I was dissapointed in Bloom's performance. Found him a bit wimpy, unless he was supposed to be like that.

The Achilles and Hector duel is the best warrior fight I've seen in a long time.

It seems to me that the recent epics (Troy, Alexander & King Arthur)are starting to leave behind the focus on storytelling and performances in their quest for more action, orchestrating fight sequences, explosions, and big battle scenes to get people into the theatre.

Apparantley, this is a clear failure on the producer's and/or director's case since box office receipts prove this.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I thought the movie was enjoyable. Decent fight scenes and the landscape and designs were great. Pitt got pretty buffed up in it too as did Bana.

John Doran

Screenwriter
saw it last night. better than i feared, worse than i hoped.

the whole thing felt kind of...i dunno...forced, i guess. it felt like a bunch of people pretending to be other people, you know? at least for the most part.

i liked bana, but pitt seemed to be pretty ill-suited for the role of achilles, although i'm not sure if the failing resided more in the script than in the actor.

still, i managed to get something out of some of the thematic elements, dodgy performances notwithstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks