What's new

***Official "Dark Side of the Moon" Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
I don't think there is a separate Canadian release either. Are there even any SACD plants in Canada? My guess is it is typical of what is happening to SACD up here. There is very little effort by the record companies to push SACD in Canada. If the companies selling discs don't care about release dates and giving the retail stores info on titles, then how do they expect customers to care?

Regards
KrisM

Miles

Second Unit
HMV's saying they have some on order... they just haven't showed up yet :) So, maybe Friday... Monday... Tues...

Doh!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Sometimes BB won't give a 10% discount on an already sale price. They tried that on me a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if it varies from location to location.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
DeepdiscountCD - not DVD - has this for 11.89 with free shipping. I just ordered it for $10.70 using a 10% off coupon code: 01106

The downside is they say it "usually ships within 10 days" so this might not be good if you're in a rush to get it.

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Just got this today, put it into my dvd player ( Denon dvd 3000) and it wouldn't read the disc!!!!
Damn, me too! :angry: Only, I have a Panasonic DVD-RV31. It doesn't reject it like it would with a badly burned cd, but it just sort of thinks too hard, then winds up really fast, thinks some more, and then quits. Man that sucks. At least I can play it in my car, but the Saab ain't exactly what I would call the best listening environment.

I am suprised there aren't more people bitching about this. I guess most of the people who went out and bought it right away have those fancy new fangled sacd player. ;)
I bet this lack of compatability is going to be a problem real soon, however, since I saw several local stores replacing there re-mastered copies out on the shevles with the new hybrid. Someone who has never heard of a cd will buy this puppy and not be able to play it, and I forsee alot of stores getting floyd returns. Too bad.

Anyone know exactly why a disc that is supposed to be able to be read by any cd player, doesn't work?

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Anyone know exactly why a disc that is supposed to be able to be read by any cd player, doesn't work?
Well, not to be rude, but the sticker says it will play in CD Players, not necessarily dvd players. Most PPC-dvd-roms can't play it either!:D

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Well, not to be rude, but the sticker says it will play in CD Players, not necessarily dvd players
You know, believe it or not, that distinction escaped me. :b Now that you mention it, you're right.

It's still too bad that something that can play cd's, therefore conforms to cd player requirements, doesn't play something that can be played on a cd player. Looks like I am going to have to suck it up and spend some money for a universal player at some point. The new universal Denon looks like a real possibility.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Well, not to be rude, but the sticker says it will play in CD Players, not necessarily dvd players.
That's true, but most DVD players have a "Compact Disc" logo on them, meaning they're compatable with CDs.

Nowadays, many people avoid purchasing CD players since DVD players can play CDs and and they're set up to listen to music on the same system.

These people will be unhappy when their hybrid discs will not play on their "Compact Disc" compatable DVD Players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks