What's new

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 50th Anniversary Deluxe Set (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
70145016882__6818B7DE-877E-4BEB-8307-DB17436853E1.jpg

WooHoo!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For those of us who didn't pull the trigger due to the $250 price tag (as I own both the Immersion set and the SACD) there's good news if you subscribe to Apple Music and own an AppleTV capable of playing Spatial Audio (I can confirm the two latest ATV4K models can do it, I'm not sure how older models fare).

Dark Side of the Moon was upgraded to Atmos.

Listening to it now through the home theater and it sounds great. Haven't done an A/B with the SACD but on its own merits the Atmos mix sounds fantastic. Put it this way, I thought the SACD sounded great as well and the Atmos streaming isn't making me want to get up and look for the SACD in my storage cabinet or the 5.1 Blu-Ray that was included in the Immersion set.

If I ever stop subscribing to Apple Music I'll be glad I have those physical media in 5.1 though, as unless the 50th anniversary goes on sale for $100, or the Atmos disc is available by itself for a reasonable price, I'm not going to spend $250 for the Atmos mix alone given I own all those other surround versions (along with a couple of vinyl versions).

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I was at Barnes and Noble today and saw this on Blu-Ray. It has Atmos, 5.1 DTS HDMA, and High Res Stereo mixes on it. Kind of like the Blu-Rays that came with the Beatles Super Deluxe box sets but stand alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks