What's new

*** Official BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I finally purchased the Dance remix of the Brokeback Mountain theme. Considering the impact the film is making culturally, I'm glad it's reaching the club crowd too. Shake, shake, shake... :)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I watched the film over the weekend along with Capote.

I thought the film was 30 minutes too long. The movie had some great shots in it, of course, I love the mountains so that helps. But overall the movie would have had a greater impact on me if it would have been edited down quite a bit.

I thought Capote was a much better film than BBM (though I thought that could have been edited down a bit as well, just not nearly as much), it would be my choice for best picture out of the nominated films that I have watched.

I did think BBM was better than Crash, which was a pile of dung.

Will BBM join the ranks of Citizen Kane, Raging Bull, and Goodfellas as some of the greatest movies to be "robbed" on Oscar night? I think not.

I loved the mountain shots though.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I felt the same way about Capote. That just dragged for me. I went in thinking Capote was going to be great but wasn't all that impressed.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
My partner and I noticed recently (while watching 60 Minutes) that TV commercials now give viewers only one or two seconds per image displayed during the time allotted - a fifteen second ad usually shows fifteen or twenty different scenes. Is it any wonder many people cannot enjoy a slowly paced film or read a lengthy classic novel? Far too many Americans have been conditioned to consume the maximum number of images in the shortest amount of time possible. Next time you're watching a favorite show, count the seconds each image is displayed during a particular commercial. I'm confident you'll be shocked.

I thought about this when I read here, and on other Internet pages, that some people felt Brokeback Mountain was too long and "slow". I found the film too short. However, for all intents and purposes, I don't watch television anymore (cable included). 60 Minutes is the only show we tune-in. The same is true, for me, with radio. The silence in my car is such a stress reducer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks