What's new

NFL Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Tony_P

Stunt Coordinator
Da Bears. They have been underestimated and disrespected all year. Not a great or dominant team by any stretch, but they play to keep the game close. If they can get past the playoff jitters and make it to the NFC championship, they could give the Rams a really good game. Their defense is built for speed and most of the Bears defenders say that they _prefer_ to play on artifical turf. The Bears are 3-0 on turf this year, with winning scores of 31-3, 13-6, and 24-0. The Bears would have absolutely nothing to lose in a game against the Rams, so they could play loose and have fun. You never know...

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
No Dolphins fans, either. It's too bad Dan retired, because he would have had the chance to exact his revenge on the Niners and get his ring this year. :D
Well, a man can dream. Go, Fins!

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
As a Bengals fan, obviously I'll need another choice.
I've been pulling for the Rams since their Super Bowl season. Not quite a bandwagon jumper :) I had Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk on my fantasy football team that year, so I watched them pretty closely. If St. Louis were to fold, I'd go with Philadelphia, having visited their fine turf stadium last August (albeit for the Phillies then). The Eagle D kept my fantasy team viable most weeks.
In the AFC, go New England! Great story with Brady, and Antowain Smith was my sole saving grace at RB. So fantasy football is worth something even if your team doesn't win!

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Predictions for this weekend's games:
  • 49ers over the Packers
  • Eagles over the Bucs
  • Jets over the Raiders
  • Dolphins over the Ravens

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
Well being a Packers fan, I kinda hope that the Bucs beat the Eagles, cuz we OWN the Bears and I would love to see them in the playoffs against my Pack!

I also dont think (if we win against 49ers) that the Pack will be able to beat the Rams at home. They are just too damn fast on turf. Its times like these that I wish every playoff game was played outside with temperatures in the teens. Lets see how all the dome teams would play then!!! Any theam can play well inside in normal conditions. With snow and freezing temps, I think most of those guys would shatter after being hit.

Matt

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
here we go

eagles over bucs

jet over raiders

49ers over pack

baltimore over miami

Did I hear correctly that Berman thinks he'll see the Eagles and the Steelers in the big game?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
oh ya
go eagles
eagles2.jpg

One hour 14min till kick-off

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking the Raiders by 20 tonight. They have some serious pent up aggression they are gonna unleash on N.Y. The Black Hole is gonna be rockin.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Well, I predicted that the Eagles and Raiders would win today (not in this forum, so you'll have to take my word for it ;)).
Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be right. My poor Jets are getting their come-uppance. Quite frankly, they have been annoying me all year. "Oh, look, we don't have to bother making first downs, we assume we can just come back at the end." Yech.
But it will be sad without a New York team in the playoffs.
I can't wait to see the Eagles vs Chicago next week.
Tomorrow:
Look for the Ravens defense to stop Miami and Favre to push his boys up against San Fran.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Wooohhooooo!!!! My Eagles did a very nice job against the Bucs. Next week will most likely be a lot tougher. Chicago's D scares me!!

Congrats to Raiders fans as well!

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Horror of all horrors.

cable goes at my house at 2:00 (half hour before game time) I had to run over to a friend's house to watch the game. she's not much of a football fan but she didn't whine once during the entire game which i appreciated greatly.

btw what a great game the eagles played. i was scared the offence might come out flat but the way they (and the d) performed i'm quite confident going into chicago

Dan B

Screenwriter
I'm gonna go out on a limb & pick the Rams to go all the way. ;) Kinda hard to pick against that team, even though I want the Pack to make it. I predict a lame Super Bowl, unless Marshall Faulk breaks his leg or something, as the top 3 or 4 teams are all from the NFC this year.
-Dan B
Go Pack!!!

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see how the Raiders react to playing a night game in New England in January. I have to think that the Pats have an edge if it's as cold as everyone expects it to be. Miami, another warm weather team, alway falls apart playing in the cold at NE.

It'll be a great game.

I'm really interested to see if the rumors about the Bucs and Parcells come true now that the Eagles won.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
haha awesome, rice and charlie rocking the Jets! ;)
Brings a tear to the eye seeing rice playing like that.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see how the Raiders react to playing a night game in New England in January. I have to think that the Pats have an edge if it's as cold as everyone expects it to be. Miami, another warm weather team, alway falls apart playing in the cold at NE.
Just being at home and having a week off should give the Pats a big advantage.

They also were without a doubt the hottest AFC team heading into the playoffs.

They certainly will be favored to win this one.

By the why, while Oakland is warmer then New England this time of year it's hardly a warm weather place in comparison to Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks