1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New record for broken street date?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick G, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Patrick G

Patrick G Well-Known Member

I just picked up Pearl Harbor: Vista Series Director's Cut this afternoon from my local B&M. This is about a month early, no?

2. Mark H

Mark H Well-Known Member

Mark Hyland
    Patrick,
    Can you comment on this director's cut? Is it an improvement on the original?

3. Wes C

Wes C Well-Known Member

WOW! Thats really early. I thought I was special when I found Boondock Saints a week early. Congrats.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

A month? Ha! That's no record!
    I picked up Dirty Dancing: Collector's Edition on 11/6/99. I'd already seen it on their shelf for a week.
    It's street date was 1/18/00.
    Of course, I won't be specific about street-date breakers, even ones from years ago. But I will say that I bought it at a department store type place that also sells groceries (think hard about it, there's not too many choices here). I also saw it for sale the same week at a mall-based music/movie store chain.
    How Artisan shipped these items to these chains 2½ MONTHS prior to the established street date is beyond me! [​IMG]

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Ron
    I've been hitting my local breakers for Black Hawk Down, no luck yet.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

6. Patrick G

Well, I ended up holding out for this edition, so I didn't have a chance to look at the previous DVD. However I will be watching either tonight or tomorrow. I'll report back then. Great packaging though!

7. Carl Walker

Carl Walker Well-Known Member

Me too! I was just at my local B&M last night and found Pearl Harbor Vista Series Directors Cut. Unfortunately, I don't care one bit about even watching the film, so I passed... However, there were no less than 20 copies sitting there for all to have [​IMG]

8. Patrick G

It's interesting. When I first saw pics of the DVD, I thought it would open up as it appears it would here [​IMG], by unfolding the front flaps, but this is just an outer slip case which covers the actual disc packaging, which looks identical to the slip cover. The inside packaging does indeed open up as expected. One thing I don't particularly like is that the DVDs are all housed together in a single pocket, which is covered by a vintage-looking seal that must be broken or removed in order to get to the discs. It is the first DVD I've ever purchased though that has an actual elastic band with brass buckle, which holds a few vintage postcards. I paid $28.88.

9. DarrenA

DarrenA Well-Known Member

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FYI: I've deleted the thread fart, and the followups to the thread fart. Please carry on. [​IMG]

11. John Berggren

John Berggren Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for the DC to watch this film for the first time. It's a great price for such an expansive edition. I presume the DC is better than the theatrical, but if anyone can comment on that, I'd be very happy.

12. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Well-Known Member

wow... and i thought getting Star Trek TNG 1 two weeks early was cool.

13. JJR512

JJR512 Well-Known Member

Question...My GF works at a store in the chain that is known to be selling this Pearl Harbor early. I'd like to ask her to pick up a copy for me. But I don't know how, exactly, to describe it to her. Now keep in mind, although she likes movies, it's not on the same scale as you or I or anyone else here. So I'll need to be very precise in telling her what to get, so she doesn't get the wrong thing. So please tell me what to tell her. In fact, the best thing would be if someone who already has this can give me the UPC code, and a box description including exact titling. Thanks! [​IMG]
    (Feel free to send this info to me privately, if you prefer.)

14. DarrenA

DarrenA Well-Known Member

Justin,
    Here's a pic from the Digital Bits showing the front cover...
    [​IMG]
    It's clear that if it says Director's Cut and Vista Series then this is the new edition.

15. JJR512

JJR512 Well-Known Member

OK, thanks! One thing I forgot to ask: At this particular place that seems to be selling it already, what is the approximate price?

16. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm

17. JJR512

JJR512 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I skimmed through looking for the price, but didn't see it originally. I agree, the cents should be a pretty good clue to the place, but I already knew it anyway (that's how I could say my GF works there).

18. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Well-Known Member

Anyone know what happened to the original thread? If it got combined, where did all the posts from there go?

Doug

19. David Lawson

David Lawson Well-Known Member

I received Before Sunrise a full eight months before its November 2001 release date from Amazon. I still haven't figured that one out; I was just searching for titles to push me over the $100 limit for a coupon I had, and that was one of the ones I searched for. It must have gotten pulled and rescheduled not long after my order was placed.

20. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Well-Known Member

So!!! How's the new version?!?!?!?
    Artistically, I mean!!!!
    [​IMG] D