What's new

New record for broken street date? (1 Viewer)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Again, there was an original post on this subject that mysteriously disappeared that had reviews on the film and the package.

If it was deleted, maybe it can be revived and combined.

Doug

Tom Oh

Second Unit
Reviews please!!!! I didn't particulary care for the film in the theater and have held off on buying the theatrical version hoping that the director's cut is... better. Blood and guts with less romance, hopefully.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Went to four stores and all of them had the tag but no copies. Anyone know how often they restock? I got the "we will have more in soon" from all of them. Did find Buffy season 2 though, so not a total waste. $42 for anyone who is interested.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I found the R1 Vanilla Sky DVD about three weeks before the release date at a B&M here in Stockholm. Yes, that's Stockholm, Sweden. Go figure.

Patrick G

Second Unit
Ok, here's what I like most about the set upon first inspection (and forgive me if this appeared in previous sets):

In the Setup Menu on Disc 1, the different options such as "Commentaries", "Captions and Subtitles" and "Audio Options" are contained in little rectangles at the bottom of the screen. You highlight the appropriate rectangle and hit enter. Well, if you choose the rectangle that is empty, and hit enter, you are treated to a short piece on the blasphemy that is Pan & Scan. It basically states how Pearl Harbor is filmed in anamorphic 2.35:1, and describes what happens when you blow it up to fit a 4:3 screen. It's great! They need to include this thing as a sort of forced trailer on every Full Screen DVD released to market.

Kevin Linke

Agent
Sorry, I may be stupid, but may I ask what the store B&M is. I have no idea what store this is; at first I thought you meant to type B&N (Barnes and Noble), but that is obviously not right. Can someone please fill me in? Thanks!

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
That type of question is one that can't be answered publically, because the retailer could get in big trouble.
On a completely unrelated manner, you got mail. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Look guys, it will be out soon. I will check around for it today at the B&M I suspect, but I wouldn't bother Justin mercilessly for the info. Don't bang your heads up against a wall looking for it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kevin, "B&M" stands for Brick & Mortar, a general term meaning the actual "bricks and mortar" building of a store you can visit and shop at (versus an on-line store).

Apparently, the studios find street date violations to be very serious offenses so we try not to mention by name the actual stores where these early copies are found. Hence, the general term of local "B&M".

In this particular case, I'm not sure what the incentive is to protect their identity as they could certainly use a good inter-corporate smackdown, but . . . c'est la vie!

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I'm starting to wonder...
How come no one here, who claims to have it, has reviewed the disc yet.
I'm not disputing your claims...just anxious that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks