1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Needle is broken. Where in Canada to find replacement? Radio Shack still?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, May 7, 2002.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Well-Known Member

My turntable needle is bent. I bent it back and it still plays but I think I need a new one. The P-mount cartridge is a Realistic RX8500 with the orange needle cart thingy. I just need the needle. Where can I look besides Radio Shack. I'll call there tonight, but I wonder what other options there are [​IMG]

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Well-Known Member

I think Radio Shack sells em but they look expensive. I guess since turntables ain't popular anymore I have to pay more for a simple little stylus?

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Well-Known Member

4. Blake Heinzeroth

Blake Heinzeroth Active Member

If you don't mind using a mailorder company, http://www.needledoctor.com has just about everything you could need/want for your turntable. They're not the absolute cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive, and they have a great reputation. Just a thought.
    -Blake

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with www.needleexpress.com also. You should see what your local Radio Shack / Best Buy / whatever charges for a low end new P-Mount cartrige. It may be less than a needle costs.