What's new

Needle is broken. Where in Canada to find replacement? Radio Shack still? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
My turntable needle is bent. I bent it back and it still plays but I think I need a new one. The P-mount cartridge is a Realistic RX8500 with the orange needle cart thingy. I just need the needle. Where can I look besides Radio Shack. I'll call there tonight, but I wonder what other options there are :)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I think Radio Shack sells em but they look expensive. I guess since turntables ain't popular anymore I have to pay more for a simple little stylus?

If you don't mind using a mailorder company, Link Removed has just about everything you could need/want for your turntable. They're not the absolute cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive, and they have a great reputation. Just a thought.
-Blake

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I've had good luck with www.needleexpress.com also. You should see what your local Radio Shack / Best Buy / whatever charges for a low end new P-Mount cartrige. It may be less than a needle costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks