What's new

Need ideas for wireless HT setup (1 Viewer)

jozo

Grip
Real Name
john
schan1269 said:
How is the DVD player connected...vs everything else?
rca cables to tv

What baffles me is that the soundbar works great with the tv/cable, just no sound from rear.

When I used the DVD player, I had to switch the tv input to component, so there was no HD.

I need to figure out how to keep the tv on HDMI input and get rear sound.

Strange.

jozo

Grip
Real Name
john
I am on live chat with the Vizio "expert" and she is not sure that I am supposed to get sounds from the sub and sats with cable shows.

This can't be possible. I just had an archaic system that worked fine. I fail to see why HBO, ESPN, etc. would not produce a signal that produces sound from the rear.

Now she is telling me that my cable signal may not be 5.1 (Time Warner). I can't believe that this product will not work with cable tv hookup

Ideas???

jozo

Grip
Real Name
john
OK, problem solved!!!

I was ready to box & return, then decided to call Time Warner Tech. The woman was not knowledgeable, but did an awesome job of referencing my questions about the 5.1. Turns out that TWC does send out this signal. She gave me a few ideas and I went from there; took me 10 minutes to correct.

I ran the optical cable from the cable box (instead of the TV, as the manual indicated) to the soundbar and got cable 5.1 immediately. Ran RCA cables from the DVD player to the soundbar and that worked great, just had to change inputs on the soundbar remote.

Now that I have it hooked up, this is really a great, inexpensive unit. My Mancave isn't huge and it's all that's needed (and a bit more if the wife isn't home :) If you're a Sam's Club member, it's on sale there for $198

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to the issue and are happy with the results.

jozo

Grip
Real Name
john
ArmSC said:
I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to the issue and are happy with the results.
The Bluetooth works great also on this product. Just paired it with my Ipod and it rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks