What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Exactly. While losing Ginn certainly did not help OSU, it's difficult to imagine a single player being the difference in a 41-14 blowout. The Buckeyes were beaten soundly in every facet of the the game.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Desperation at best. Offense, Defense it didn't matter, the Buckeyes got beat soundly.

As an OU fan that has seen his team get beaten soundly in a championship game, I assure you it wasn't fun and I know how you felt.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Johnn Alvarez:

Congratulations to your Florida Gators!! They showed the world last night that a SEC Championship team *always* deserves to be in a BCS Championship Game!

And if nobody else will say it, I will right now: Ohio State would have lost at least two games during the course of the regular season if they had had to play Florida's schedule this year!!

The SEC went 6-3 in the bowl games and proved once again, as if they really needed to, that they are the premiere Conference in the nation!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The 7-week layoff didn't help OSU, either. That is just too long to sustain a team playing at a high level at the end of the regular season.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Seems to me like the Big Ten is part of the NFC and the SEC is part of the AFC. I know, some people have been saying things like that for a long time, but it took this Ohio State fan a good beating in order to realize it. Sincere congrats to Florida.

But are they the national champions? No one can fairly say. It must be played out. You hear that, BCS? IT. MUST. BE. PLAYED. OUT.

But, of course, the BCS isn't listening. It's rolling around in its millions of dollars, thinking about paychecks to come.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

Good question. And even better one is what the hell happened to Troy Smith? For a while there everyone was looking at him like a Drew Brees type for the NFL. I think he just fell off the draft radar with his performance.

Congrats to the Florida Gators.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Bad preparation. BAD preparation. Florida had a pretty long layoff as well, and they just seemed better prepared for the game last night.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
"Let's go play 'em next week," Florida coach Urban Meyer said with a laugh about Boise State. "I love Boise State, but I wouldn't want to do that. We're done."

Sounds like he's chicken.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Gators. Nice to see someone else's team get their ass kicked in a MNC game. :P

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

We were talking about this at work this morning. This performance cannot help his draft position, especially with JaMarcus Russell declaring for the draft. I was very surprised at Smith's poor performance. He's played very well in every OSU game I've watched the past two seasons.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

I heard it was celebrating the kickoff return then he came in for their first real offensive play and showed he couldn't move. I have yet to see what really happened or the extent of his injury. I really do hope he's okay.

I hope Ron Zook takes pride in recruiting some of these guys.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
"It was really frustrating," Ginn said with his head down, as a big protective boot sat by his leg. "I know I hurt it on the celebration, but I really don't know exactly how."

Strange.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
it was a great game the Gators played.

USC doesn't deserve to be ranked ahead of Boise State, that's a crock of shit and I'm a big SC supporter.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Hence the reason coaches say "when you score, act like you've done it before." Stupid to get injured for something as dumb as a celebration. Not that it would have changed the outcome. If the Heisman winning QB can't step up, one more offensive player wouldn't have mattered against that swarming D last night. Heck, he finished 4-for-14 for 35 yards and ended up with the lowest passing efficiency rating of any quarterback in BCS history. Enjoy draft day.....

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit

But the SEC won their two BCS games 41-14, while the Big Ten was soundly beaten in both of their BCS games (41-14, and 32-18). ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks