What's new

Movies that promised a sequel but didn't deliver (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have read that the Starship Troopers 2 will get a summer DVD release witha premiere on TV first (the Trippen FX site says pay-per-view in April, but I'm thinking the sequel may air on FOX or Starz! before the DVD release).

John Carpenter wanted to do a third Snake Plisken movie called Escape From Earth. There'sa supposed sequel to ID4 that may or may not get made. There was plans for a second and third Stargate movie, but MGM pretty much put the skids to that one and went for a TV show. Screamers left it open for a sequel.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

GregK

Screenwriter

The UK Judge Dredd comic books, which the movie was based on, were far superior (and darker) than the film's light adaptation. There had been talk about incorporating the Dark Judges into the 1st film, which definitely would have set a scarier tone, but they decided to save that for a sequel. ...Opps. And Sly cast as Judge Dredd was a very bad call in my opinion. With his patented accent, I kept expecting him to shout out "Yo Adrienne" throughout the entire film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks