What's new

More of the Jetsons and other H-B cartoons on full season dvd sets (1 Viewer)

happyfa5

Grip
Real Name
Jim
Do you fellas want more complete full seasons DVD sets of Huckleberry Hound, The Smurfs, Quick Draw McGraw, The Jetsons, Jonny Quest, Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels, Peter Potamus, Jabberjaw and Pac-Man along with DVD releases of Hanna-Barbera television films like, I Yabba-Dabba Do!, Rockin with Judy Jetson, Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby, Jonny's Golden Quest, The Good, the Bad and Huckleberry Hound, Jonny Quest and the Cyber Insects, Yogi's Great Escape, Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats, Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose, Christmas Comes to Pac-Land, Yogi's Ark Lark and more?

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Nice question! I only hope someone from WHV reads the responses. [COLOR= #f00]Simply put, I’d like full-season sets of every H-B property 1965 and prior! [/COLOR] That especially means completing THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW and issuing QUICK DRAW McGRAW! Compilations, like the SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS collections are okay, as long as the double-dipping vs. previous releases is kept to an absolute minimum – as it was with SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS 1960s Volume Two. Warner, for a while you were doing GREAT with this stuff – and then you slackened-off to nearly nothing. I’d love to see you return to form!

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
In a word, yes.

I really don;t like those Saturday Morning type boxsets at all. Randomly picked episodes from different shows doesn;t do anything for me, I just don't want anything like that.

I was really disappointed to think that it probably means we're never going to see full season sets of shows they have cherry picked for these sets.

Like Marine Boy for instance.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Yes. Absoltely, yes. I want to see Frankeinstein Jr, (full season), Harlem Globetrotters, etc.

James

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I believe Jetsons and Flintstones have already had complete series release on DVD, I do not buy cartoons but took a look at Huckleberry Hound for the nostalgia, I had watched it when I was about 4 years old, it was interesting for a few minutes. Maybe if you have infant children you might want these titles to let them watch, I cannot see anyone over maybe 5 or 6 years old being able to watch this stuff unless maybe they are retarded or learning disabled.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Absolutely! Still eagerly looking forward to the second half of the Jetsons '80s cartoons.

odious_m

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill Cox
What about 7 year olds? Some of them appreciate H-B, too.

Yeah, I'm learning disabled and retarded. So what? I really can't wait for a Quick Draw DVD release--I almost want it as much as Peyton Place.

How about you guys... happyfa5, Joe Tor1, Nebiroth, JamesSmith, Jay*W? Are you guys under 7 years old or are you mentally challenged like me?

Originally Posted by Jim B.

I do not buy cartoons....

I cannot see anyone over maybe 5 or 6 years old being able to watch this stuff unless maybe they are retarded or learning disabled.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's best not to feed the trolls but I do feel kind of bad for a person who is so desperate for any type of attention that they call someone "retarded" on a message board just so someone notices them.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I want just about all H-B shows from prior to 1978 in complete season sets that haven't been released yet and there are alot of them yet to be released. Please no more complilation volumes just complete sets.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by odious_m How about you guys... happyfa5, Joe Tor1, Nebiroth, JamesSmith, Jay*W? Are you guys under 7 years old or are you mentally challenged like me?
Well, “Odie”, as long as you’re asking, I am decidedly over 7 and have been known to be “mentally challenged” by the New York Times Crossword and the continuity of LOST… but enough of demographics. What I fail to understand is the mentality of someone who intrudes on what might be a fun and constructive discussion as “our special friend” has done. If you don’t like something, be human enough to express it intelligently – or, better yet, simply ignore it rather than pathetically attempt to bring down those who do. There are many threads in this forum on subjects, shows, or properties that I may not like. I just IGNORE those threads! What’s the point in being contemptuous just for the SAKE OF being contemptuous? Does anyone need to be noticed by a bunch of total strangers as badly as that? I sure have better things to do! Even here in this thread, I feel that H-B produced very little of value between the second season of SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU and the first season of JOHNNY BRAVO – and if I intend to express such a negative opinion, I will do it as I’ve just done. No name-calling and other schoolyard tactics! Or, I might express it as I did in my previous post by simply showing a preference for all things “1965 and prior”, the period in which (in my own opinion – and nothing more) H-B did its best work. It’s certainly not limited to this one poster. It’s all over boards of this type, and something I truly despise about the Internet. Oh yeah… I also want Peter Potamus, Ruff and Reddy, and Loopy De Loop! …Not that I’ll ever get them!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I would absolutely pick up more HB season sets or volumes from the 60's. I want the rest of the Huckleberry Hound Show and all of The Quick Draw McGraw Show. There are still some missing Yogi Bear cartoons, although maybe the rest of Huck would catch these. I would also like Ruff and Reddy, Wally Gator, Peter Potomus, Touche Turtle, Lippy the Lion, Frankenstein Jr., Breezly and Sneezly. Later series I would like released include the rest of the Sooby Doo Movies and the Jetsons. There may be more, these are just the ones that immediately come to mind.

I am happy for the people who enjoy the Saturday morning box sets, at least WB is releasing something from this era, but these compilations don't work for me.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
While I've purchased the Saturday Morning sets because there is little other choice...

I'd really like to have the rest of Scooby Doo/Richie Rich (vol 2 and vol 3) and if

we're going to dream a little dream... I'd buy a properly re-assembled Scooby's

All Star Laff-A-Lympics and Scooby's All Stars set too. I really would like to see

the cartoon block shows released as they were aired, not chopped up.
Don't get me started on the Superman/Aquaman hour of Adventure and the like...

Midnight Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I’ve written it before and I’ll gladly write it again. I would love complete series sets of: The Herculoids Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles The Banana Splits Quick Draw McGraw The Fantastic Four Secret Squirrel Shazzan Young Samson

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I would like to see the second spin off from the Flintsones. The Flintsone Comedy Hour. Pebbles and Bam Bam skits were taken from the series when Pebbles and Bam Bam were relesed to DVD. I grew up watching the Flintstones. I enjoyed watching the show when all of the episodes went into syndication in 1966 after being canceled by ABC. My Grandpa and I watched the show together. I was so yong. I have lots of fond memories of viewing the show. I am afraid once Alan Reed died I could not accept the new voice for him. I want the Comedy Hour for the reason it was the last of Alan Reed as Fred.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I would love to have all of the Abbott & Costello cartoons released. That was a favorite of mine, thanks to a videocassette I owned in the 80's as a kid. The Pac-Man cartoon would be another no-brainer, and as someone stated above, I'd love to own the Flintstones spin-offs.

I was at first excited when I heard there would be a Saturday morning "80's" compilation available until I saw the episode list. My excitement quickly turned to disappointment as all but 2 shows were familiar to me, which was odd as I grew up on Saturday morning cartoons in the 80's.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by odious_m

How about you guys... happyfa5, Joe Tor1, Nebiroth, JamesSmith, Jay*W? Are you guys under 7 years old or are you mentally challenged like me?
I am 50 years old and have been a Huckleberry Hound fan since the day I was born and he is still my number one TV show, cartoon character and collectible. My house is decorated in Huckleberry Hound. Not having enough Huck stuff is what mentally challenges me.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Clarke

I want the Fantastic Four but I heard there are rights issues with Marvel.

The 1978 show is available from amazon in the uk, in region 2 if your player is region free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-Four-1978-Complete-DVD/dp/B0032JHM6Q

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Mark Collins

I would like to see the second spin off from the Flintsones. The Flintsone Comedy Hour. Pebbles and Bam Bam skits were taken from the series when Pebbles and Bam Bam were relesed to DVD.

I'd like the Comedy hour set too!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see the following:

The Adventures of Gulliver

The Adventures of Huck Finn

Fantastic Four (1967)

Sealab 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks