What's new

Monitor Audio Silver line (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any expereince with the Monitor Audio Silver line, namely the S8 or S10?

Thanks

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased the S6 this past weekend and found them to be amazing. I loved the sound and the speakers seemed to have disappeared, I couldn't actually tell where the speakers were located, even though I was standing in between them.

How do you like the S8's and why did you purchase them? Do you remember what else you demoed before you bought them? Also, how is the center channel?

Thanks in advance

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
I auditioned numerous speakers (ie. B&W, Polk, Klipsch, Paradigm, Def Tech, Kef, Infinity, M&K) and the MA were at the top of my list after many hours of listening. IMO for the money they are difficult to beat.

I agree ...setup properly the speakers will disappear. They reintroduced me to my CD collection.

Highly recommend the LCR. Not only a perfect tonal match to your fronts but a fantastic center channel. I love mine.

Will you be using a sub? What did you decide for surrounds?

Kris.J

Auditioning
My favorite speakers in that price range. I cant wait to hear the new RS series this summer.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I am out of money for now :)

I purchased the S6 fronts, Integra 6.5 receiver and Integra 5.5 dvd player...I haven't done much research into the rest of the setup yet, but I would at least like to match the center to the fronts so I am curious how people that have the center feel about it.

I will be purchasing a full 7.1 system, later on though

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I am happy to announce that I am the proud owner of a pair of Silver RS6 :D

I picked them up last night. When I ordered my speakers 2 weeks ago, I ordered the S6 in the Rosenut finish. A couple of days later the dealer called me and informed me that this color was back-ordered. Because I loved that color so much I decided to wait. When I went to pick them up yesterday, you wouldn't believe the surprise and amazement when I saw 'RS6' on the box.

I brought them home, connected them to my receiver and turned them on (uncalibrated) and they just disappeared in the room. Once I calibrated them the sound became even better. I thought I loved the S6 but now I am so much more happy with the RS6. I still have some additional tweaking to do since one of them is close to a wall, but they are highly recommended.

One thing that Monitor Audio did with the RS compared to the S is they seemed to have changed the metal grill over the tweeter. It doesn't appear that it needs to be moved anymore.

Now I can't wait to get the rest of the speakers in the RS line :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks