1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing equipment brand names...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by michael5155, Jan 22, 2012.

1. michael5155

michael5155 New Member

Hi, I'm somewhat new to the home theatre world. I was wondering if it is best to buy all the equipment (receiver or amp/preamp, blu-ray player) from the same company or is it better to buy from different companies. For example, I've heard Denon makes an excellent receiver and sony makes an excellent blu-ray player. From a sound and video quality perspective, is there an advantage to buying seperate companies? From a functional perspective, is buying from the same company a better idea? Also, is there a link that compares/reviews receiver brands (not sure if I should get Denon or Pioneer)? I could also spend a bit more to get a seperate amp and preamp, but does it sound and/or look any better? Thanks! Michael

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    I don't think I have 2 pieces of equipment that have the same name on them. Amps and pre-amps will only benefit you if you are going pretty expensive on the speakers. What are you planning on using?