What's new

Mixing equipment brand names... (1 Viewer)

michael5155

Auditioning
Real Name
MICHAEL
Hi, I'm somewhat new to the home theatre world. I was wondering if it is best to buy all the equipment (receiver or amp/preamp, blu-ray player) from the same company or is it better to buy from different companies. For example, I've heard Denon makes an excellent receiver and sony makes an excellent blu-ray player. From a sound and video quality perspective, is there an advantage to buying seperate companies? From a functional perspective, is buying from the same company a better idea? Also, is there a link that compares/reviews receiver brands (not sure if I should get Denon or Pioneer)? I could also spend a bit more to get a seperate amp and preamp, but does it sound and/or look any better? Thanks! Michael

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't think I have 2 pieces of equipment that have the same name on them. Amps and pre-amps will only benefit you if you are going pretty expensive on the speakers. What are you planning on using?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks